New Guy bought his w-body on ebay

lebillski

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4586691298&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I'm new to the group. I recently bought this 94 Olds Cutlass Supreme S on ebay. Runs Great, Real Nice Body and Paint. I went to Missouri this past Saturday to pick it up. I was given one key each for the ignition and doors. As unbelievable as it sounds, apparently in less than one week I've already misplaced/lost the ignition key. I think it was a VATS key, but I didn't have it long enough to recall. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? I seen the LTI tool on ebay. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few plans for the exterior, I'm looking to add a spoiler, I noticed most popular seems to be the lip spoiler. But, I was thinking about adding a black Honda Factory type spoiler. A black bra on the nose. Maybe a black hood scoop or a set of black hood louvers, and real dark tint to the windows. Also thinking about removing the side emblem and replacing with high-quality vinyl lettering or maybe some pinstriping, black of course. Just thoughts at this point, I would welcome all advice, comments and suggestions.

Nice buy.

If you can get the information on the program code for the key, you can usually get them made for $25/piece...I had to get one made for mine. Its the standard square GM ignition key with the small resistor.

Being that my sister owns an Identical car, except with burgandy interior, I would say if you can get a lip spoiler, put that on and also paint the reverse light panel white...and call that good. White cutlass supremes in particular look very clean and would not look good with a black hoodscoop or spoiler on them.

Hell, I wish my car was white...Garnet Red isn't my favorite...but it was a good deal so I didn't care much!

I'd start by cleaning that engine bay.....wow that is dirty.

I'd do the usual tune-up. Plugs, wires, oil change + filter and check the air filter.

That will run you about ~$50.

I'd get the AC Delco Rapid fire 8's for plugs and you can get a new set of wires off of GMpartsdirect.com.

yeah...i would also do a fuel filter and use some redline fuel system cleaner in the car.

The valve covers are probably going to leak like an SOB after you clean the engine bay off. If you want to replace the gaskets, make sure you replace them with the 1996-up Aluminium Valve covers...did this on my sister's '94 and it hasn't leaked since

He even mentioned "a small stain in the back seat" in the car description. :lol:

:puke:

Hey now, alot of families were started in vehicals.

:lol: Sad....but true. Feel bad for whoever has to sit in the back of that car near the crusty stain. :leaving:

Thanks for the many replies and comments to my post. I think I got it straight now; Go to a dealer for the key problem, keep the the black aftermarket stuff off the clean white car, all spoilers, scoops or louvers should be white as well. Don't mix Honda stuff with GM and change my incorrect signature.

Signature has been corrected. I only used Honda to give a visual, plus I have an Accord with a Genuine Honda rear spoiler and it seems to me that style of spoiler would also look real good on the new ride. BTW, the 94 Olds is not for me, I bought it for my son who will turn 16 shortly, and I know he wants all the mods and aftermarket goodies on it that he can get. I drive on 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) loaded with extras and I love it.

eBay kinda screwed him...they automatically list engine size, and it's usually wrong.

Pretty dumb, I see most 3.1 cars listed as having the 3.4, and most 3.4 cars listed as having the 3.1. :roll: