dam blower motor

Smoke1991

what do you guys think, after market just as good as oem or no?

make a long story short, i started getting a nice vibration after i put everything togeather, i diaged it as the dam blower motor, well i was rite, some how leafs and other crap got in there. I had a brand new one, after market sitting in my gurage, so i said fuck it, ill throw this in, well now im having problems getting it to seat all the way in because of this dam gasket, (its sitting right now, i used some black rtv :-) ) on top of it, when i just tested it, the output to me did not feel as good.

from everyone elses experiences, what do you think of aftermarket blower motors??? i got mine from work... pepboys!

man a 20 min job tuned into a 2 hr job waiting for rtv to set

on top of it, i had to cut the connector off and wire it up, so now if i want to go back its another 10 min redoing the wireing.... im thinking of just buying another tommorow from my dealer.

when I was a a tool working for autozone, we would have about 20% of the blower motors come back within a year because of vibrations, total failure or in 1 case, ignighting itself. Do youself a huge favor, and find 1 from a low milage car at the junkyard or spend the cash at the dealer.

I payed more at the junkyard ($25) for the 1 in my blazer then autozone wanted for a new one ($19)

well i got it in last night, all went well, but this morning, its making a simular sound again, so tommorow im taking everything apart once more, also removing the 2 pannels for the heater core and cleaning everything up, the system got contaminated with leafs n stuff. i think somthing got wedged this time involving the cold hot door. only on hot the system makes a weird sound, oh well.

Last year I remember in winter I was driving along and all of a sudden that damn motor started grinding....turns out somehow a damn chunk of ice got down there and eventually it melted and everything was okay....

my question is how do such large objects get into the system?? doesn't it have some type of half ass filter??

sorry to hijack