any suggestions b4 I upgrade my rear brakes?

timoiii

I will probably be putting the 94+ rear brake assemblies on my cutlass this weekend. Any advice from the folks out there that have done this? Any problems, things I should be aware or wary of? Any tips, etc would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Timo

Guest TurboSedan

your e-brake won't work unless you mess around with the stock cables or install the '94+ cables. parts you'll need from the salvage yard: calipers, caliper brackets, bracket bolts (important!), and just in case i would grab the brake hoses too. then just get new rotors, pads, and a few cans of Brakleen from Advance or tirerack.com or wherever. good luck

joshua

First off, the stock e-brake cables WILL work. Second the old brake lines WILL work on the 94+ calipers. I have done this before.

All you have to do for the the e-brake cables is to loosen the eq-bar that is located under the drivers door, attach the cable ends to the calipers, and tighten the cable eq. You will only need to add some washers on the eq. Here is a pic http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?path=/STR/fullsize/EQ+for+e-brake.JPG

Hope this helps.

p.s. The e-brake works better than stock now!!!!