what should i ask for my car?

frusciante fan

so it's a '92 Regal Custom coupe. car is in great condition and the original asking price from the dealer was $5,000. runs great and just replaced the water pump and the tires are very good. interior is gray cloth and overall clean. 95,000 miles.

i used to have a car domain site, but i had to reformat my computer and after i saved all my files to my flash drive, it decided to crap out on me. so this is my only pic atm

241124524l3du.jpg

problems:

two small dents in the left front and rear right chrome trim pieces on the bumpers--easy to fix if you could find a j/y bumper.

the trunk leaks slightly

options/upgrades:

new paint

new dual exhaust

power windows

power locks

power mirors

power seat

dual climate control

a/c

tilt wheel

CD

alloy wheels

ABS

cruise

Concert II sound

so what should i ask if i were to sell it privately?

if i do sell it i won't take anything less than $3800. i'll start at $4200 negotiate and go from there.

whoa. good luck there. you're gonna end up keeping it for that amount.

yeah Id say prolly start at about 3500, which is still high and just work from there. You have to start high, but not that high

I'd be damn impressed if I could sell my '95 for that amount with just a few more miles. I've got 105k and I'd be happy if I got an offer for $2500. Around this area*, the Regal goes for a lot less than the gp counterpart.

*B/I/U for ass-coverage in future arguments.

now that i look at the ad i started, i had it written as $3799 neg. i know it's high but it just hurts to lose that much on something.

Thats why you can't put much into these things. You can stick 5 grand into these cars and be glad if you sell it for 3 grand. If my car ever needs any extensive repair, such as an engine, transmission, or moderate body damage, its gonna get thrown away in leau of a new car. You just don't get your money out of it. The only way you can make cash off them is if you find some idiot who wants to sell one for 100 bucks because the CV axle is shot(but thinks its the transmission, or something like that).. turn around and sell it for a grand and make 800.

and just a question here...you think a dealership would let me take a car home overnight, despite my age?

How old are you? You must be 18 no matter what, without parental insurance/permission, due to their insurance liability. After 18, it just simply depends on the dealership.

yeah. 18 since august.

Then as long as you have insurance, it'll depend on the place. Some places here will let you take them for the weekend and rack up 800 miles without a problem. Other places require helicopter surveillance as soon as you turn the key.

Just don't play it up as a 'kid' looking to joyride. If they can tell you're genuinely interested, most don't have a problem with it. Just depends I guess. I could have a trillion dollars cash in my hand and nobody takes me seriously. If they won't give you the time of day, tell 'em to suck a nut.

Might want to try http://www.kbb.com/ for the Kelly Blue Book value on that one. I'm not sure of all the exact stuff on your car and it also depends on your area code as well. I put in a few things and used my area code. I only came up with $1900 for a private sell. Try it yourself and see what happens.

With the blue/black books you woun't get shit for your car.

With w-body if you plan on spending money into them (IE paint job, transmission, anything else expensive) then you are better off keeping it forever or until the wheels fall off.

I sure as hell don't plan on selling mine anymore, unless some sucker (like myself..lol) offers me a lot of money for it. I've spent way too much in this pile already, so I've decided I'm gonna go all the way with the engine swap etc.

it's a used car dealership

I've never heard of a used car dealership allowing stock off the lot overnight. Good luck with that.

Now if it was a new car, I'd say good luck as well, because they usually prefer you to be 21 to test drive by yourself. Even the last car I test drove ('04 GP GT) I had to have the salesman ride shotgun, and I'm too meek to speak up and say I want to take it out myself. :?

I've never heard of a used car dealership allowing stock off the lot overnight. Good luck with that.

Now if it was a new car, I'd say good luck as well, because they usually prefer you to be 21 to test drive by yourself. Even the last car I test drove ('04 GP GT) I had to have the salesman ride shotgun, and I'm too meek to speak up and say I want to take it out myself. :?

Fairly common to get a car from a used lot here. Some of 'em will even let you take them for a few days. When I was looking to replace my old GP, I drove several of them overnight. I think I put like 600 miles on a Blazer that time.

Fairly common to get a car from a used lot here. Some of 'em will even let you take them for a few days. When I was looking to replace my old GP, I drove several of them overnight. I think I put like 600 miles on a Blazer that time.

That's fucking insane. I gotta stop going to Buy-Here-Pay-Here lots. :lol:

all i could think of when i read that, was pwned. :lol: