GM official production numbers?

briandors

I assume less than 8000 cutlass convertibles were made in 1995? If so, that would qualify me to be able to get "collectors" license plates here in Ohio since I have another car I can claim as my primary vehicle. Collectors plates don't have to go through emissions testing.

Only thing is, I have to have something official showing that GM made less than 8000 of these that year.

Any ideas, or am I best off calling GM customer service?

Brian

see if the info you need is in the thread below, if not there is an email address to get the info you need

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32482&highlight=production+numbers

Damn, all I can say is "Thanx" for that. I followed the links in your thread to the Buick sites and got some serious information on my car. Hell, I feel like a kid at Christmas now. :) :)

Sorry to hijack this thread, if I am, but a question on the Cutty numbers, ToroToro found this,

A little more in depth figures for the 94...

Thank you for contacting the Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the 1994 Cutlass.

The production totals for 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Series:

Coupe S 35,757

Coupe S with R7B 19,936

Coupe S with R7C 10,129

Sedan S 77,861

Sedan S with R7B 38,895

Sedan S with R7C 11,934

R7B is Special Edition package, content varies by model

R7C is Special Edition package, content varies by model

Convertible 8,638

Total 122,256

R7A: Base body kit, 15 inch wheels ( mine )

R7B: SL body kit, 15 inch wheels

R7C: SL body kit, 16 inch wheels

But mine doesnt say R7B or R7C, it says R7A? But the thing is, mine didnt come with 15" wheels, it has 16's. And how is it a base body kit, when the badges say SL?

Yours in theory would be an R7C, you got the good body work, and 16s.

However, when I said that in the other thread, that was only an educated guess. :lol:

Dont know what those RPOs mean now. :?

see if the info you need is in the thread below, if not there is an email address to get the info you need

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32482&highlight=production+numbers

Damn, all I can say is "Thanx" for that. I followed the links in your thread to the Buick sites and got some serious information on my car. Hell, I feel like a kid at Christmas now. :) :)

Oughta sticky that thing in the FAQ section. I started it so there wouldn't have to be a new "Production Numbers?" thread every week. Plus, unless you know it's there to search for it, once it slips to page two you're never gonna see it again.

Well I copied down every number from the SPID, and it says R7A AND R7B. But both those have 15" wheels, so it still doesnt explain it :lol:

Ya, I dont know about that...I haven't even looked at mine...

My dealer brouchure makes no mention of R7whatever option packages, and we all know that GM doesn't have a clue, according to the e-mail they sent me. :lol: I'll see what I can dig up...maybe e-mail them again.

On another note, I think stickifying the official thread is a damn good idea.

Well I copied down every number from the SPID, and it says R7A AND R7B. But both those have 15" wheels, so it still doesnt explain it :lol:

Well, I can't explain it but I do know that my car was a showroom model when it first got sold. When I looked at the specs at what should have been on it, as well as options, I found that it had many things that weren't even offered. I've got a few things on it that weren't standard, like the rims.

Not sure if you are the original owner or not but that could be one explanation. Just a thought. :)