just installed HUD....

no1kicker

and it works! :D The only thing that is bugging me is that I have to sit way high in my seat to see it. I tried adjusting the display but that's as high as it goes. It came out of a 2 door, is it possible that the 2 door windshield or dash is different? Or can I take the unit apart and maybe adjust the mirrors?

Also the dimmer switch does not light up, I think it's just a bad connection. My dash is now tan for the moment, until I pick up some vinyl dye.

Guest fatguy

Well,

Since I finally got the TSTE up and running strong again, I am turning to some other projects I've always wanted to do.

I got my HUD from FedEx today and will be installing it sometime in the next couple of days (depending on school project schedule). I've already went through the wiring diagrams and have hopefully identified the wires I need to tap into to get this thing to work, but one question I've always wanted to know is:

What kind of wiring nightmare would it be to put in the digital dash out of my Cutty Int'l into my TSTE? I've always liked the looks of that dash and it would then match the DIS and HUD. This is only gonna happen if the cluster looks good mounted in

I think it would be cool, what do you all think?

Sounds difficult, the Cutlass cluster is rectangular while the GP cluster is curved on top. I think the Cutlass cluster is also larger.

The Cutlass cluster isn't going to match the DIC and HUD too well, those are a whitish green while the Cutlass cluster is more blue.

Guest fatguy

I'll try and fit it before actually changing any of the wires. I don't know how I will actually like it, but will see. I'm borrowing my friends camera so I can take lots of pictures.

True it won't match exactly the same, but at least it won't be orange. I don't know how this will work out, but will deffinately keep everyone posted on the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to take apart the HUD and play with the big mirror in the front. I tilted it a little and got it to be at a better height. Pretty easy to do, just remember that you only have to tilt it a very small amount. My first attempt had it projecting 2 feet higher!

Well, first take the HUD off the dashpad with six 7mm bolts, and then take the four 7mm bolts off the bottom of the HUD. Then take the height adjuster off with a tiny phillips head screwdriver. The large mirror at the front just pops out upward from the plastic holder. Squeeze the holder and remove it from the base of the HUD. Then remove the 7/32 bolt from the back of the holder and reposition as necessary. I had to tilt the top towards the front to move the display image up. Then put everything back together and test. After doing this a few times I got the whole procedure down to 10 minutes (I was ina hurry!). Hope this helps and is clear. Let me know if you have any more questions.