Electronic Climate Control

Speckkial

If it can be done, how hard is it and what would I need to switch the manual climate control (knobs) in my 96' CS to the electronic climate control that comes with another series (leather, 3.4L, DOHC)?

To start, I'm assuming by electronic you mean an auto system...

Personally I wouldn't bother. I thought it was the coolest thing when I got my car, but after the novelty wore off I find myself setting it manually 80% of the time.

My guess is it would be nearly impossible. I noticed the one in my Intrigue seems to have an extra wire (though I never checked another Intrigue for reference). I don't even know if said wire exists in the manual ones, or all the sensors probably associated with it.

It's by no means impossible, but it is one huge pain in the ass I here. Expect to have to literally take the dash out of the car to replace the blower motor, because the ECC one is different.

blower motor is the smae. the resistor module replaced with a controller. that's about it.

oh, except for tearing out the dash, swapping the ENTIRE air box assembly, and running about 11.5 billion extra wires.

i'm dumb, so i'm doing it. but for pete's sake, don't even attempt it. it's way to much of a pain in the ass to be worth the work. i can't even figure out how to get the bottom half of the new airbox i need out of the car :bash: :lol:

judging by his car i assume he wants the newer style. the newer style isn't damn near impossible, it's just a pain in the ass and a lot of hard work

like i said, as soon as i can figure out how to get the bottom half of the box out, i can do my swap. i have all the wiring done already

oh, except for tearing out the dash, swapping the ENTIRE air box assembly, and running about 11.5 billion extra wires.

that's what I meant. And believe, it's deep in there. and it's big.

IMG_8644%20(Medium).jpg

what car is that from? it looks different from the one i was working on.

all i need is the bottom half of the box, from that sticker in the picture down. i have the top and the door motors