Mystery Harnesses Question

GP1138

Ok, on my '95, I've got a non-working power locks problem. I was rooting around under the dash, and I found two harnesses that weren't connected to anything.

One was three wire, grey, blue and black. It was under the driver's side.

The other was like 40 wire and looked like the one that goes into the back of the HUD. Any idea where these go?

i always thought it was for the ludricis speed phaser

those were only on the special government issue cars! :shock:

how did you find out about those... o.O

the 3-wire plug is if you have magnasteer (variable) it connects to a sensor on the column. The other one is probably for the factory amp if you were to get the upgraded stereo. Regarding your power lock problem, if you want to check the relay, it's behind the carpet under the drivers side kick panel.

Brian P,

the 3-wire plug is if you have magnasteer (variable) it connects to a sensor on the column. The other one is probably for the factory amp if you were to get the upgraded stereo. Regarding your power lock problem, if you want to check the relay, it's behind the carpet under the drivers side kick panel.

exactly

Solved the Power Lock problem. Somehow both switches were bad. I replaced the driver's side, and the locks work again, but the pass. side doesn't work. I guess I'll have to go get another switch for that side.

On another more awesome note, I picked up a Cutlass Convertible STB for $10!!! :D