Another guage pod question

3pt1lumina

Ok I did a search but couldn't come up with anything. Tonight my friend upgraded his base cluster in a 96 Lumina up to a 97 LS/LTZ version (w/ a tach) here's the problem:

Directly plugging in, it works perfectly...except for the gas guage. It did work when he put it in, but all the sudden it stopped. Is there a fuse or something that can be replaced?

Also, is there a way to change the odometers from the original pod in the car to the new one? I'm not sure. Any info would be great. Thanks!

i think if the fuse for the gauges was blown, none of your gauges would work. might just be a wire in the wrong position. did he check th pinouts or just plug it in and hope for the best?

if it's not digital, the speedometer just unbolts from the face of the gauges. simple job.

or he could just roll back the one he has. that's really easy, too

to update some more, we swapped the odometers and they work perfectly.. infact everything works perfectly except for the gas guage. So if anyone has any ideas as to why that isn't working, let me know.

Also, since this directly plugged in and worked, I am assuming it will work the same way if i got the 90 Euro cluster for my base 90 lumina...maybe i dont know for sure.

you'd have to repin your harness to make a euro cluster work in your car. or buy an adapter from me :D .

as for your friend's car, what motors were in both cars (his and the donor). i'm not sure what year ltz had the 3100 and wich got the l67.

it seems odd to me that the dashes were a direct swap. off the top of my head, i can't think of any other ws that you can do this to. i'll check pinouts for both cars.

as for the gas gauge, my only guess would be a bad sending unit