Car cover

Burnout524

Does anyone know if theres such a thing out that, it's kinda like a car cover, but it only covers the top of the car, like from the bottom of the windows up? It'd be great if I wouldn't have to scrape the damn windows every morning... :roll:

I don't want a full car cover, just becuase it's a lot of extra material to screw around with...i just need the top part.

I guess towels would work, just hope a breeze doesn't come by. :wink:

I was thinking of maybe a tarp, but that might be a little rough on the paint.

I put RainX on my windows. I barely even have to scrape at all. Start the car 5 mins before I leave with my defroster on, and frost is all gone.

If it's thick, I bought this stuff from Prestone called "heet" or something to that effect. It works good. spray it on, turn the wipers on and drive away. neat stuff.

Never thought of the RainX. I might try that, although I hear its a pain in the ass to apply. I also wish that the rear defroster would stay on in the 2nd gens when the cal was turned off and then restarted. :bash: :bash:

I'm also wondering what'll happen if i park under the trees and closer to the house. This morning there wasn't a spot of dew on my car, but my friend's car was soaked.

Rain X is really easy to apply...although I dont think it makes much a difference as far as repelling fog/frost, or making it that much easier to remove. :?

Clean the outside of all the windows. Pour Rain X on a rag or the window. Wipe it on, and let it dry to a haze. Wipe it off and wash the car...since the residue usually doesn't come totally off just from wiping... :wink:

BTW the rear defroster doesn't come back on automatically in any of my cars if I had it on before I shut the car off. It's not just isolated to the second gens.

you could just buy a normal car cover, put it on your car and then work your way around with a pair of scissors cutting off just below the window line so that the top is all you have left.... also, to keep it from blowing away, you could go get some elastic straps and attach them at the sides of the cover with a hook on the end that you could hook under the rocker panels to keep it on.

On the bottle of Rain-X it says to apply above 4*C (about 40*F) ? I dunno how you'd apply it on in the winter unless you got a garage.

Towels in the Front and rear are the biggest PITA anyways.. side windows are easy to scrape so I'd be fine with that.

i havent had much luck with rain-x. it doesnt seem to help much and it makes the wipers squeaky. i use the castrol stuff sometimes and it's easier to apply than rain-x, does pretty much the same thing.

just get a cheap cover and cut the bottom part out.

I use the stuff that the oil and lube place put in my washer fluid...somehow, it froze in the nozzle and the washer fluid only came out on one wiperarm (luckily the driver side worked). :|

idk what I'm going to do...probably try a bunch of things. I've got towels and stuff to try. Plus my dad got these powerful magnets from work, so maybe I can use those to hold the towel on the car.

Oh, and did I mension that I went through 3 ice scrapers last winter? :roll:

I have had the same scraper for years...one of those fancy ones with the brush and everything. :lol:

Burnout must really go to town on those windows I guess.

Anyway, I was thinking that Saran wrap would work better than a towel, since the towel would absorb moisture and whatnot. Might be worth a shot...I'd try it but we're going to be in the mid 60s tommarow...so no frost here. 8)

When it's -20C everything freezes!! LOL

Do you plan on taking the saran rap off or leaving it on?? It's so thin you'd probably just make a mess after you try and scrape it off.

Well since the point of putting the saran wrap there is to eliminate ice scraping, I doubt he'd scrape the saran wrap. :lol: Just peel it off and you have an instantly defrosted window.

We could sell something like this on TV and get rich. Make it in pre cut squares; self adheasive.... I can smell the money now...