newer grand prixs fuel economy

GPdriver1986

I have read the numbers on fueleconomy.gov for the Grand Prixs (97-current) 3100 and 3800 n/a but they aren't always accurate. I need to know what you guys are getting with these 2 engines, tell me if you drive in the city/highway and how much per tank? Whats the tank size anyways? Thanks.

I have driven my mom's 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with the 3800 Series II, and with an average of 70mph on the highway i was able to get 31.7mpg (trip computer was reading 32.9)...It was some crazy thing like over 450mi on that tank.

In the city we've found it gets about 19 and it gets about 23 in mixed driving.

Overall, its a great car for fuel economy, IMHO

i get an average of 25-27 mpg with mixed driving in my '02 GP

Really? Damn...

On my drive to work (short trip lots of stop and go) I only get like 15mpg... shitty. Driving around town with some mixed country/highway I get 23mph mixed. Country/highway I get 30-39mph depending on the speed and weather conditions.

My '01 gets 24-26 with mild city/mild open road driving.

On the highway I get over 30 no problem. I've seen over 400 miles per tank at least twice on some of my bigger road trips. Normally I get around 305-330 before I gotta gas up again.

i get an average of 25-27 mpg with mixed driving in my '02 GP

Really? Damn...

On my drive to work (short trip lots of stop and go) I only get like 15mpg... shitty. Driving around town with some mixed country/highway I get 23mph mixed. Country/highway I get 30-39mph depending on the speed and weather conditions.

Yup. Although i'm not the 3800, I see the same thing. City is like 15-17... and highway sees 30-34. Mixed, I don't know.

Geeze...thats pretty good. I've kept a log of my gas milage, it ranges from 13.2 to 19.7 MPG. My last tank took me ~220 miles or 16.6 miles per gallon. Keep in mind, that A) I'd be lucky if I get 5 highway miles on a tank and B) I'm driving an Intrigue, although the same engine (3800 series II), the cars/weights/etc are a little different.

Hopefully when I get some money, I can buy a K&N drop in and maybe boost my gas milage a little.

My '01 gets 24-26 with mild city/mild open road driving.

On the highway I get over 30 no problem. I've seen over 400 miles per tank at least twice on some of my bigger road trips. Normally I get around 305-330 before I gotta gas up again.

agreed

I get anywhere from 230miles (all city stop-and-go 15mpg) to 350+miles per tank (highway). W-bodys can be great highway cars, but mediocre city cars no matter what...