How rare is a 95 Coupe thats FULLY LOADED, astroroof, etc...

99vetteman

Is your 99 Corvette a FRC?

No its a coupe.....

UPDATE: I went to look at teh cutlass, STRANGE noises coming from the engine area, like bearings that have worn out, the body was good, but looks like it was hit in the rear, and the rear trailing arms looked as if they were ready to fall off from rusting so bad. I am starting to get pissed!!!!!!! Hopefully something will come along soon!

Jason

If you want a winter beater, a friend of mine wants to sell her 1994 Olds Supreme. Its got just a HAIR under 100,000 on it, but its a sedan. And gold. :? But it has flawless black leather and drives like a dream.

Aren't you just buying this as a "winter beater" anyways??

I am, but it will also be the girlfriends car to drive, I have to make sure its relatively safe! When I see the underbody rusted that badly, I just keep on looking!

I totally understand about you wanting to buy a good safe car (be it winter or whatever- hell I think a winter car should be EXTRA safe!) I just don't see why it matters so much if it has a 3.4 and every other option. IMO there would be better w-bodys suited for reliablity and better gas mileage, but that's JMO.

Guest Anonymous
<----finds it humorous that the majority of the people who dog the reliability of the LQ1 have never owned one.

I certainly wouldn't be afraid of an LQ1 with 120k

Considering my track record with the last (3) 3.4's i've had, I'm not particularly enthused with the engine.

what if I had a friend with one, of which I shared his grief with?

120k you risk the alternator job and timing belt job needing to be done, and if both get done by a shop, will collectively cost more than the car is worth. So just let that sink in before jumping the "I never owned one, so I wouldn't know" wagon.

Guest Anonymous
120k you risk the alternator job and timing belt job needing to be done, and if both get done by a shop, will collectively cost more than the car is worth. So just let that sink in before jumping the "I never owned one, so I wouldn't know" wagon.

EXACTLY. Not everyone is a gearhead and can swap alternators and timing belts like its nothing.

EXACTLY. Not everyone is a gearhead and can swap alternators and timing belts like its nothing.

Werd, and Brian seems to be one who finds those of jobs easy. So if he has a hard time with it, its gotta be tough.

Werd, and Brian seems to be one who finds those of jobs easy. So if he has a hard time with it, its gotta be tough.

I didn't mean it like that. I've helped do both jobs to a twin cam car, as well as a couple of them at my job, and while it wasn't a walk in the park, I wouldn't have a problem doing it again. I meant it more as a cost for these jobs by a shop, in a customer's perspective. I don't know "'99vetteman" as a person nor a member (too new) for some of us, that car and any potential issues would be fine, but for others it could be a nightmare. THAT'S why I wouldn't recommend going for a 120k mile car with that underhood.