Left turn signal works, Right turn signal is not! bulbs & flasher fine

sonick

Okay, so the last time something similar happened it was a faulty bulb. This time I've replaced all the bulbs and the flasher, same problem.

With the old flasher, the right turn signal indicator merely stayed ON and did not flash. With the replacement flasher, the indicator stays ON, but is VERY dim.

I tried the hazard lights; with the stock hazard flasher, both the left and the right indicators flash, but for the actual turn signals, only the left side lights up, the right does not.

After reading around, it sounds like its the Turn Signal Switch. Apparently It's been replaced before, they charged $120 for the part and another 2 hrs of labor, total was almost $300 CDN.

Will the instructions for the 1st gen (94+) GP's be the same as a 1990 GP? What part number is the turn signal switch?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Make absolutely sure that the part # of the new lamp is the same of the one you removed. For instance, if you install a single-filament lamp when your car uses a dual filament lamp, you'll reek havoc on your electrical system...

the write up for the round columns is similiar to the square columns... except:

you have no lock plate to remove and no airbag to remove.

you will have to remove the turn signal stalk as well as the hazard flasher.

take out all the screws before removing the upper column cover, as the cover should have one tab and one screw to remove.

you must also figure out what to do with the key reminder wires, which iirc are part of the switch wires. you should not have to cut any wires, the entire thing can be removed as a unit and replaced.

to remove the key reminder, you have to remove a little round shiney metal 'plug' with a square hole that sits on the lower right on the upper tilting section of the column. I use a large phillips, push it is and turn. it retains the spring that supposrts the upper column. the key reminder thing is at the base of where teh spring came out. YOU will need a pick, basically a pry tool that like a long screw driver with a tip rotated 90 degrees. I've made one fron a heavy duty paper clip myself for this task. You must pull and add slack to the wire, then pull the little switch out.

hope that helps ya!