gauge ideas

pwmin

go ahead and flame me for posting this, but i just couldnt find any posts to suit my needs on this particular subject and there are so many different gauges out there i cant keep track. i am looking for a/f and V gauges for my gp. i want something with a black face with black bezel and red lighting. i know autometer makes some sick-ass gauges called nexus that would work, but they are like 200+ a piece and no a/f! i like autometer but im open to any brand. i'm going to search the net myself some more, but just curious if anyone knew of any gauges to suit my needs. thanks in advance. i am going to make a custom pod for the cubby hole in front of my shifter or maybe in the upper cubby and move my roady2.

didnt realize you could get them with red lighting. those are cheap, too. they do have V and A/F. wish i could find some pics of them with red bulb condoms though. how are yours set up? could i get some night pics maybe? do they use condoms or replacement bulbs?http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessories.aspx?sid=51

2675_d.jpg

sweet, thanks. i love the cobalt gauges, but theyre expensive and only blue. that's what im going to get for the camaro if i ever get around to changing out the stock gauges.

that's exactly what i'm looking for thanks a lot. what gauge types do you have? i didnt take a look at them at the meet. if you get better pics, post them, but i think i've found what i wanted.

don't get a A/F unless you forced induction, it is sooo annoying in my car. I wish i would have never bought it. I guess i'll use it when i'm boosted, but then i'm gonna change to cobalt series. BTW u find a part number PM me and i'll get you a discount on autometer. If anyting is typed wrong here i'm still alitte drunk

that's exactly what i'm looking for thanks a lot. what gauge types do you have? i didnt take a look at them at the meet. if you get better pics, post them, but i think i've found what i wanted.

They are z-series.

Semi-related question: is there an oil pressure sending unit on the 3.4? I've kicked around the idea of installing a hidden oil pressure gauge (in the ashtray, so I can flip the lid closed to keep the stock look. It might also keep my g/f from smoking...maybe).

dan, i meant what types like voltage, etc., i already know what series they are. you still drunk at 6am? :lol:

xtreme, i like the a/f gauge and dont find it annoying. i think they're pretty worthless actually, but they look cool. i'll take you up on the discount if it works ou. i get lower than jobber prices a lot of times, but you may have a better hook-up on autometer. i'm waiting till after i get my powertuner first. i thought i might have more ideas to sift through, but dan posted exactly what i was looking for.

i dont know the exact answer off the top of my head, bird, but i dont see why they wouldnt have one?

man have black letters and red background at night, so it looks odd compared to the dash.
your english is a little off, yann :wink: :mrgreen:i know what youre trying to say though. what gauges do you have?

btw, anyone see the nexus gauges? holy shit! those are hot

holy crap

i swear to god i was sober when i wrote that, haha

man I have black letters on a red background at night. it looks odd compared to the dash.

there we go!

dan, i meant what types like voltage, etc., i already know what series they are. you still drunk at 6am? :lol:

:lol: No! I just read it wrong. From top to bottom: Trans Temp, Boost, and Oil Press. I have some day pics i'll post tonight when I get off this crappy dial up at work.

Semi-related question: is there an oil pressure sending unit on the 3.4? I've kicked around the idea of installing a hidden oil pressure gauge (in the ashtray, so I can flip the lid closed to keep the stock look. It might also keep my g/f from smoking...maybe).

The 94-96's have an on-off type pressure unit. You can install an "real" pressure sending unit from a 91-93 without much difficulty, I'm sure.

If my girlfriend smoked, and she smoked in my car, I'd donkey punch her.

Yeah, if I were to do it, I wouldn't worry about the dummy light so much, but just in case I lost pressure and the gauge happened to be hidden at the time, I'd never know. Probably not a smart idea to hide the bastard then, hey?

I was thinking of mounting it just inside the tray so when you flipped the lid up, it would be right there.

Of course, it'd be much easier to just get a pillar pod, but I can't really justify installing another gauge just so both pods are filled up. I barely see the need for an oil pres. one as it is. I guess I'm the kind of guy who wants to know as much as he can about what his motor is doing.