1992 International Coupe, FULLY LOADED, 168,000 kms, worth?

99vetteman

Hey everyone, my quest for a good used w-body car continues. There is a couple (old) who is selling there 92 International Coupe, its teal, black interior, FULLY LOADED with HUD, Power Sunroof etc... It has 168,000 Kms on it, 3.4 DOHC. They are asking 1300 bucks, I will offer them 1000 if I like the car. It looks pretty damn good except for a small rust hole on one of the rear quarter panels, which I will fix.

Thoughts?

Jason

those are probably the nicest Cutlass Supreme coupes made. If it had a 5-speed i would never pass it up for that kind of money although I definately don't believe that $1300 is too much to pay as long as it only has one rust hole....and the rest of the car is solid

I say buy it, good deal.

You'll have to be an expert with bondo. Your patch job wont last forever, but it will look decent enough i guess. Just make sure you fan it out as much as possible, when sanding it make sure to feather out the edges.

I say buy it, good deal.

You'll have to be an expert with bondo. Your patch job wont last forever, but it will look decent enough i guess. Just make sure you fan it out as much as possible, when sanding it make sure to feather out the edges.

What would a body shop do to repair that hole? I dont mind spending some cash to get it fixed properly. What does work like that usually cost?

Jason

if they are a good shop, they would cut out the cancered area and replace it with either a hand made patch panel or a piece cut out of a body panel which is good in that area from another car.

If the hole is on the lower portion of the front of the rear tires....while your our testing it out, take off the black vent (you'll see it when opening the door there is a black vent in the door jam)....anyway, shine a light and see the condition of the rest of the panel (see how much will need to be cut).......then go to the other side and do the same thing....see how bad the rust starting inside is - if any.

I know my car I luckily found this rust right when it "just" starting...fixed it before any damaged was done.

Anyway, rust hole or not, i'd definately pick it up for $1000 or even their asking price - especially if that 1k is canadian funds :D