more problems...smoking

Rabbi

The problems just keep coming....

Ok heres the deal, I Just got my car legalized after doing the timing belt, Everything seemed awsome up until now (funny how that works eh?)

i just drove the car about 8 minutes to my buddys place. Well when i got there the car started smoking, A Decent amount of smoke rolled up out of the hood vents.

Well i let her cooldown for an hour or so , Then drove back home and it didnt smoke.

Also the entire time the temp gauge was under the middle line, So it was not overheating apparently.

I never popped the hood to check where the smoke was coming from since i was wearing good cloths, And i have to get under the car to pop the hood (freakin cable)

From my understanding this is a symptom of a blown head gasket correct?

The car NEVER EVER overheated or smoked before the timing job, and i mean NEVER. Im 1000% positive the timing is correct.

My buddy said it may be just something burning off the block, But im not conviced, Im worried something major is wrong.

Does anybody have any idea's what may cause this?

The car has new : plugs,upper intake gasket,serp belt, timing belt, timing belt pulleys,oil,oil filter,tranny fluid and countless other things.

was it smoke or steam? It could be in the 8 minutes you were driving that the car puked into the overflow tank right as you shut it off...and it would make some steam, especially in the cold temperatures

Otherwise i'd say maybe your waterpump was leaking and happened to hit something that was hot with the spray

was it smoke or steam? It could be in the 8 minutes you were driving that the car puked into the overflow tank right as you shut it off...and it would make some steam, especially in the cold temperatures

Otherwise i'd say maybe your waterpump was leaking and happened to hit something that was hot with the spray

I could definately see that as being a possibility.

sometimes the thermostat will leak too, might want to check the gasket on that because sometimes if i leave my car sit, the gasket shrinks, causing the first "warm up" to operating temperature will cause the thermostat gasket to smoke (very mildly) in my Chevelle..

check all the gaskets, if it hasn't done it again, then its probably nothing.

If a fluid of any kind gets on anything hot, it will smoke. The only time I've had smoke from my hood is when I blew my power steering pump and the fluid went all over hot under-hood parts.