For those with a Denso Cutlass Digital Dash: Favor please!

gmrulz4u

The digital dash cluster in my 89 Cutlass Supreme is normally set to KM/h because I live in Canada.

The highest KM/h that the speed gauge shows is 130.

When I look closely, it looks as though there's another 3-digit LED below(higher KM/h) the 130 that is not lighting-up.

When I switch it to MPH, the last 2 digits of the 3-digit LED that I'm referring to WILL light-up and show 80.

So, I'm wondering if there's a problem with my dash, or the KM/h is only supposed to go to 130.

If it is, I wonder why there's a spare 3-digit LED that is not used(lit-up) when set to KM/h??

THANKS A MILLION!:)

Great pics...do you see what I mean?

See the last 3-digit set of numbers on the Speedometer, it clearly shows a 3-digit LED(the first digit can only be a 1).

Now why doesn't this set light-up when set to KM/h?? It just doesn't make any sense...it appears that it should light-up "150", assuming the same increments, but it doesn't??

Strange...

Great pics...do you see what I mean?

See the last 3-digit set of numbers on the Speedometer, it clearly shows a 3-digit LED(the first digit can only be a 1).

Now why doesn't this set light-up when set to KM/h?? It just doesn't make any sense...it appears that it should light-up "150", assuming the same increments, but it doesn't??

Strange...

That should display speed in KM/h too. Something must be wrong.

Are you just saying that it "should", or are you actually verifying that yours does light-up when set to KM/h?

Because if you have, why would BrianP say that it's "normal"?

I think I need more people to verify this...

They "could" put 150KM on that last set, but they didnt. Maybe they just wanted to display the equivalent maximum of 85mph on the "analog" part. I know that what your cluster (and mine) display is normal.