92 Z34 Repair..

BandaorICE

A few months ago I bought a Lumina Z34 for $500. It had front end damage (nothing too major). The radiator support is bent like crazy. What would be the best solution to fixing it? Should I take it to an autobody shop, or fix it myself (lots could go wrong and it could be painful) or should I find a new support and tack it in? This is a nice looking car, and I would hate to see it go to a junkyard just because of that. Any advice or help would be appriciated. :?

You could just use a heat gun and bend it up easy or whatever way its bent....

have you seen the support? It's like 10 pieces of metal welded together, you need to pull it out.

Honestly I would either bring it to a shop and have them straigthen it out. But if you can afford it get a new core support.

Yeah it definitely takes some force. We hung my CS from a tractor loader, whole front end in the air and it wouldn't budge. Ended up chaining a huge wood block to the bumper support, then jacking on the upper fender mounting rail with a hi lift jack, pretty much straightened right out.