I am so incredibly pissed.

GutlessSupreme

Was backing out of the driveway today to go to work and I wasn't paying attention...

fucking nailed the basketball hoop pole on the side of the driveway. took the drivers-side mirror clean off the fucking door of the TSTE. It was just dangling by the wires.

pics tomorrow if I get a chance. hopefully I didn't fuck up the mount point on the door, and can just replace the mirror and be on my way... :cuss: :cuss:

:lol: I did that with my old Grand Prix! I drove too close to a curb, and the damn trolley line pole was at the very edge of the sidewalk. I had to go out and get it in the middle of traffic. I was pretty pissed, I didn't end up replacing it for like 6 months.

This girl from highschool used to have her car in the garage every night, and she would take her younger sister to school, and have her hit the garage door opener button to exit the garage. One day her sister didnt go with her, and the blonde forgot to hit the button herself and ended up backing right through her garage door. :bash: in her Z28 none the less.

Dont know why that reminded me of that.

I once took a corner too fast (through the back end would whip around cause the ground was wet.. but it didn't) ramped a curb and smashed mirror off on light pole. :shock: (Thank god that's all it hit!) although the curb did a number on my front tires and I think did quick damage on the balljoint and tierod. This was with my 88 GP....

Mirrors are cheap and easy to replace, not a big deal.

just don't feel like taking the door panel off yet...

Actually, when I did my pass. side, I didn't even take off the panel. I just pulled it back far enough, and I had enough room to get the ratchet and extension in there and loosen the nuts holding the mirror's studs on. Then I reached in there with my fingers and took 'em out. If you're careful, you won't damage anything. Seriously took me maybe 10 minutes at the most to change it.

:nono:

You as an engineer should know that the mirror should have been designed to break on impact as to not damage the mount. I guess we'll see if it was or not.

You topped me, all I did was rip the valence. :lol:

And what's with the ugly duo.......... :shock:

some ass wipe took my mirror and part of my door on my old red monte right off while i was walkn away from it in downtown chicago, come to find out that it was a damn meter lady with her little cart, i couldnt belive that that little thing did that much damamge but it sure did :bash:

just don't feel like taking the door panel off yet...

Actually, when I did my pass. side, I didn't even take off the panel. I just pulled it back far enough, and I had enough room to get the ratchet and extension in there and loosen the nuts holding the mirror's studs on. Then I reached in there with my fingers and took 'em out. If you're careful, you won't damage anything. Seriously took me maybe 10 minutes at the most to change it.

sweet, i'll look into that....

once i was backing out of my driveway at night between my dads suburban and my bros z34 and my pass. mirror caught on his drivers mirror and broke the black plastic housing in half so before he got home i took some JB weld and glued it back together and then quickly spray painted it glossy black....its held together to this day and hes never even noticed it :twisted:

Was backing out of the driveway today to go to work and I wasn't paying attention...

fucking nailed the basketball hoop pole on the side of the driveway. took the drivers-side mirror clean off the fucking door of the TSTE. It was just dangling by the wires.

pics tomorrow if I get a chance. hopefully I didn't fuck up the mount point on the door, and can just replace the mirror and be on my way... :cuss: :cuss:

Well, at least TSTE's use black mirrors, so you can get one at a J/Y and not have to get it painted.

If you end up having to take the door panel off to replace it, I can't remember if it's nessesary, Make sure you get that Torx bolt under the arm rest.

I had my STE door panel off all the way, but took my like 5 minutes to figure out that there is a bolt under the armrest thingy holding it on.

Just feel lucky you didn't scrape the whole side of the car down the poll..

Myself I don't have a good mirror story :(

However with my buddy in his old Black Cavy we were crusing around one night and we had a shit load of garbage to throw out, so I said just fuckin pull up to one of the garbage cans on the curbs (garbage day the next day in this particular area of town)....anyway my town uses one of those trucks with the hydraylic arm....(so you know what tpye of can)

Anyway, he pulls up and thought there was good room...smashed the mirror right up against the window lol :D...I guess Cavy's have some type of springy thing iniside there, because he just backed up nd it went back into place....