Bypassing the Turbo?

Darkness

I suspect I have a turbo problem of one kind or another, and am going to be selling my car to one of the members here. So far, the car moves under its own power just fine, as long as I don't ask it to accellerate very much.

So, my question is, can I bypass the turbo and slap an air cleaner on the throttle body? Will that make the engine behave more like a N/A 3.1?

Not interested in any kind of performance, it just has to get the car from one place to another. After that, it will get the attention it needs.

I suppose you could put a filter on the T/B. I'm not sure what would happen if you ran the car with the turbo not blowing into anything.

I also wonder if you could apply vac/boost to the wastegate actuator, to open it up, and slow down the turbo spool? :shrug:

Take your vacuum line that connects from the front of the turbo to the boost controller and plug it into the wastegate instead of the boost controller. This will cut your boost down to ~2-4psi. This should help reduce whatever problem you think the boost may be causing.

Shawn