Brought home a "new" Grand Prix last night * Pics

Darkness

Thanks guys. Yeah, the front end looks like a whale about to dive, but I got used to it.

I would be interested to see just how rare it is. SE model with column shift, 3800, sunroof, etc. I suppose I could ask Pontiac to run the VIN.

Holy SHIT. Dude, that is ONE rare car, and I'm not joking. Column-shifting 97-03's are next to impossible to find, and were supposedly only built for fleet usage (taxi, police, government). That's only the second one I've EVER seen.

haha...:lol: I didn't know the column shifter was such a coveted option. Hell I hate mine I wish it was on the floor!

Holy SHIT. Dude, that is ONE rare car, and I'm not joking. Column-shifting 97-03's are next to impossible to find, and were supposedly only built for fleet usage (taxi, police, government). That's only the second one I've EVER seen.

haha...:lol: I didn't know the column shifter was such a coveted option. Hell I hate mine I wish it was on the floor!

lol yeah me too!!

nice. btw, it's redfire metallic, if it's the color i'm thinking of? the new gen x-laces are def uglier that the early ones. you can always swap out the se bumpers for gt ones. that column shift is tits! prob rarer than a tste :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Arg! Ok, I procrastinated on fixing the heater fan thingy. Well, at the time I thought it wasn't so bad to have it all the way on or all the way off.

So, now it stays all the way on. ALL the time. Even when the ignition is off! :shock:

I found this out when I had a dead battery after work tonight. So, for a quick fix so I don't need a jump every time, can someone tell me which fuse I can pull to turn the heater stuff off? The fan runs, I can change from heater to defrost, etc, turn the ac on, everything still works with the key out of the ignition.

What the hell...

Anyway, quick fixes for sub-freezing weather would be good, till I can get my garage cleaned up so I can pull her in and fire up the heaters.

Thanks.

Looks nice man!!

Looks like my neighbors GP SE across the street...I dunno if their's is column shift or not...I'll check next time I see it lol...only problem is he is a RCMP officer :leaving: lol...nah we're good friends!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

Oh, and I found the fuse. Apparently, my car has a seperate fuse for the HVAC Hi setting from the HVAC Ctrl circuit. Who'da thought.

Next up, getting it fixed.