Brought home a "new" Grand Prix last night * Pics

Darkness

First off, this thread is worthless without pics. Yes, I know, and as soon as it stops raining long enough to take good pics, I'll add them!

I was looking at all kinds of cars, yes, even some imports, trying to fid the best combo of reliability, gas mileage, and sportiness. Well, I came back to the good ole GP. Just can't get enough of them. And yes, true to form, this one has high miles too!

It's a '98 Grand Prix SE 4 Door with darn near every available upgrade aside from HUD and leather. It's sort of a candy-garnet red, and in super shape other than some pain that flaked off of the driver side mirror. The interior looks like it just rolled off of the showroom floor. Charcoal interior with the awesome 60/40 bench front seat (which is actually quite comfortable). Oh, and it has the 3800 engine instead of the standard SE 3100. Also has sunroof and rear spoiler, CD player, etc, etc....

I am pretty darn happy with it, and still in the W-body family. Not as quick as the old TGP was, but at least I can run regular in it.

Pics coming soon!

Gah.. I have to change my sig now.

159k, shit, that's when a 3800 is just getting over the hump :wink: . That motor has plenty of life left in it!

So you actually found one of the rare column-shifted 2G GP's? Talk about a strange find, you definitely didn't see many of those...

Here we go. A few quick pics. It was still nasty outside, so they don't do the car real justice. You'll get the idea, though!

834464_22_full.jpg

834464_21_full.jpg

834464_20_full.jpg

I still try to reach between the seats for the shifter. One thing that is wrong with it is that the heater blower fan only works on Off and 5 (full blast). I'll definitely have to get that fixed somehow.

And yes, somehow I got right back to gold wheels....

Looks like a nice car...

I am sure you will miss your TGP a lot though...

Our 3800 GP GT can chirp the tires from a 20mph roll though...which is still fun :twisted:

One thing that is wrong with it is that the heater blower fan only works on Off and 5 (full blast).
Sounds like the "resistor pack" for the blower is shot (that's one sure-fire way to know - when the fan only works in "high" and "off.") On some GM's, the pack is mounted inside the airbox, others it's mounted on top. You might need to consult an FSM to find out where it's located...

One thing that is wrong with it is that the heater blower fan only works on Off and 5 (full blast).
Sounds like the "resistor pack" for the blower is shot (that's one sure-fire way to know - when the fan only works in "high" and "off.") On some GM's, the pack is mounted inside the airbox, others it's mounted on top. You might need to consult an FSM to find out where it's located...

Dad's went out on his '95 Impala. If I remember correctly, it's just a little part, not that hard to fix really.

http://www.jbarbieri.net:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=591438&evc=sm&pubid=78&cellId=49596&mspsdsubkey=582

There you go, man. ;)

Holy SHIT. Dude, that is ONE rare car, and I'm not joking. Column-shifting 97-03's are next to impossible to find, and were supposedly only built for fleet usage (taxi, police, government). That's only the second one I've EVER seen.