auto slide sunroof

Prospeeder

is there a way i could make it so my sunroof auto slides open and closed with the one touch, so i dont have to freaking sit and hold the button and wait for the slow motor to open or close it? Modify the switch or buy a new one?

Could you possibly use a drivers side window switch, you know the ones where you just press it down once then the window goes down by itself. YOu could possibly use one of those switches. just a thought

find a car that has auto up/down and use it's window switch. then mold it in somewhere for a factory look.

maybe there some gms with one-touch sunroofs you could steal a swithc from?

i dunno, i really dont know much about electronics, its most likley possible to have that relay, does anyone think mabye from the door switch i could take the asemly apart and try it, prolly get j/y parts and mess around with it if its possilbe

My 01 Prix opens the sunroof with two touches. One touch pops open the back, the second opens it the entire way. Personally I would try to see if the switches look the same and see if you can integrate.

Yeah, look at 92+ Bonnevilles, 95+ Auroras, 2nd gen W's, and probably any newer car for an express open switch.

I don't think many if any factory moonroofs have an express close, mainly due to a saftey issue.

Another route you could take is finding a shop that installs car alarms. Some manufacturers make auto open/close modules for their alarm systems that can be integrated into windows and sunroofs...

As DiscoStudd said, "Some manufacturers make auto open/close modules for their alarm systems that can be integrated into windows and sunroofs..."

This topic is covered in great detail on http://www.the12volt.com I'm late for work but if I get some time I will try to pull up some threads specifically, but you should be able to search for it no problem. It basically involves getting a circuit that will overload and shutoff after the glass slides all the way back. It will sense the higher amperage draw from the motor pushing the glass once it has opened all the way.

Most people will use something called a 'window module' to accomplish this. Here is an example of one http://www.asianwolf.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=1068694|1069136&PRID=1037055 They can be found on ebay and everywhere else.