poor performance in the heat dept. what could it be???

Smoke1991

hello everyone, its getting colder out in ny and i have a problem, my heat sucks, this past wednesday i did a coolant flush, used coolant cleaner as well (where you add it to you system and run the car for 10 min) well it got some stuff out but other than that, the system was extreamly clean. my problem is that my heat still sucks, driving at warm t-stat its comming out of the wents no higher than 120F (using my ac thermomiter) my black car on the other hand had awsome heat comming out of the vents at 160F+. the only possible causes i could think of are as follows.

cloged heater core? (i did a flush though, through the t-stat housing and through the lower rad hose connection on the wp) maybe i should tap into the heater core feed line and flush directly the heater core???

cloged piping??? its very possible that maybe one of my metal pipes is cloged.. but i have no idea where to start. (very good possibility that the flush did shit)

the other thing i was thinking about is maybe just sence the heat blows out so slow (volume sucks) it could be somthing air flow through the core, but then i was told that the air flows through the condensor first, then the heater core, the ac max setting works fine, air plows like a mofo!.

im just having a major problem pinpointing my problem. any words of wisdom would be nice. i just want better heat, but then again i rather replace a pipe under the hood than ripping apart my dash and doing a R&R heater core.

thanks

Is your thermostat functioning properly?? (Sorry if I missed it in your oriignal post...kinda drowsy tonight lol)...last year I had shit for heat, and it was because my thermostat was stuck open...so I'm running a 195 for winter in there and is warms up pretty decent....still not as good as any other car in my family though

replaced the stat with a 195, its working A OK! ill check this thread back in 6 hrs, i need some sleeping,

i mainly did a coolant flush, and replaced the tstat, this shitty heat is killing me!

blower motor works great, turn the ac to max, its so powerfull i gota turn it down a notch. it the air flow when the heater is on sucks,

ive concluded to this:

Do a straight out flush of the heater core only, see how that turns out, then if it still sucks, R&R the core and tubes going into and out of the core.

for the air flow issue, depending if the flush does good job or not boosting my temps, ill rig the system so the inside air recirculation vent stays open, that should help.

thanks for the help

the same bullshit happened to my parents lumina ... the blower actually failed on them but it was caused in the frame damage from being rear ended so i don't think you'll see that its the issue here but you never know ...

but it did make a poor performer in the heat area.