94 grand prix 3.4 and 95 lumina engine swap

lutman123

I have a 1994 3.4 liter DOHC Grand Prix that jumped time and is now junk, I cannot find a grand prix engine, but could find a 95 Lumina 3.4L, does anyone know wat all is involed in this engine swap? I know te coil packs are not in the same place, mine are under the front cam by the exahaust, and the luminas are on the left hand side by the plenum, please help.

The coils are in the exact same place on all 3.4's up until 96 when the moved to the plenum.

Any 3.4 from 94-95 will work for the swap.

The only thing really invovled is disconnecting everything thing, and then just pulling the old engine out and putting the new one in.

What do you mean that its done now because it jumped timing?

I had a timing belt that was super fryed so, I changed it. During the process something went horribly wrong and the cams were not timed correctly and I bent a couple of them. From there I just bought 2 new cam carriers from the junk yard to replace me chewed up bent ones, I put back on the cam positioning sensor, and the cams that I bought were not made with the groove in them for that sensorI think they were froma 93 Lumina,they had to be. They were marked 94 Vin X. Lies, so it chew that sensor all to hell and there is metal shavings from that. It never ran correctly after that, So new engine time. But these engine are a bear to find. I still can not even find a grand prix engine in my area, so I guess I an going to buy the Lumina, Thanks for your help.