Any other way to open the door?

92Typhoon

Walked my wife out to the car after lunch today (we carpool), she goes to open the drivers side door, and it won't unlock. There's no tension on the outside doorhandle. She crawls in through the passenger side to unlock the driver's door, and it won't unlock, and it won't open with the inside handle either. I just recently replaced the outside door handles (we had one break and didn't want to get "locked" out of our car with broken handles) so they are new.

For some reason, the door is stuck between locked and unlocked, and we can't open it. Is there any other way to open the door?

{update!!! she got it open before i submitted the post}

Also, anyone interested in a high mileage, clean Z34? We need a car with better gas mileage and are seriously considering selling.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, and for pics of the Z Click Here

your typhoon drivetrain needs 2 be under my rot box blazer.

Sharp car, whats your 3.4 gettin for mpg. I expect to be getting 25mpg from mine highway, most stockers get damn near 30 highway.

We've been discussing it the past few days. After the first of the year, we're going to get my wife a car and keep the Z. Hooray for me! We've been keeping track and our average over the past couple of months is 17-18 city and 25-29 highway (Depends on what mountain we're driving up, and how long the check engine light is on. Dumb code 32. The car is supposed to have a new EGR.)

I just need to give the Z a tuneup and I'm sure I'll definitely want to keep her. The only real problem the Z has right now is stalling at idle or slow speeds every once in a while. Most of the time only when turning, like into a parking place or parking lot. I'm pretty sure it's the ICM so I'll be replacing that soon. And even if it's not, with the miles on the Z, it would be a good thing to do anyway.

I just need to give the Z a tuneup and I'm sure I'll definitely want to keep her. The only real problem the Z has right now is stalling at idle or slow speeds every once in a while. Most of the time only when turning, like into a parking place or parking lot. I'm pretty sure it's the ICM so I'll be replacing that soon. And even if it's not, with the miles on the Z, it would be a good thing to do anyway.

That could be your fuel injectors the 91-93 injectors tend to want to make the car die at low rpms, and under braking. This is especially true for the 5speeds. Upgrade to 94-97 Injectors and you'll be fine.

(Depends on what mountain we're driving up, and how long the check engine light is on. Dumb code 32. The car is supposed to have a new EGR.)

Aint that the truth. Gets such poor mileage when that bloody light is on.

You got carbon somewhere. I replaced my EGR with the same results. Except my EGR cost like $250. Thanks GM!

That could be your fuel injectors the 91-93 injectors tend to want to make the car die at low rpms, and under braking. This is especially true for the 5speeds. Upgrade to 94-97 Injectors and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I read the other thread about stalling just after I posted the earlier reply. I've started my search for some used injectors. Time to start checking the junk yards in town, see if they have and W-Bodies in them.

Thanks for the help! Now maybe I can get the Z over the 200,000 mark on the odo. :twisted: