Dogbones

millerwl71

What are dogbones? Where are they and what do they do? I see people write about them alot and was just wondering if it's something I might want to replace. I'm not to bright when it comes to cars. Thanks for the help.

Dogbones are the front motor mounts. Right above the radiator to the front of the engine. Depending on what engine you have, youll either see one(3.4) or two(2.8, 3.1) It kind of explains itself, its a motor mount. Most people replace them, or the bushings because on the stock ones, when you mash the gas, the engine rocks back, which = bad reaction time. If you upgrade to the polyurethane ones, this eliminates the engine rocking back when you mash the gas, which means the power that your loosing when thw engine is rocking back, is gained with these new mounts because the engine doesnt rock back at all.

I hope I kind of explained it kinda good :lol:

they are the top engine mounts on your car. When you open the hood and lean down on the car to look into the engine bay, and you put your hands on the core support, your hands are most likely sitting on the doe bone mounts. I'd show you a pic, but i'm too lazy right now

Thanks alot guys, but one more question. Are they easy to replace and is there a write up on how to do it on here? I know it was two questions, but thanks again for your help.

if you look @ a pic of what's under my hood (oooollldddd yes I know) you can see the dogbones are in the very front. You can see the two black brackets on the front, and the dogbone is what connects the bracket to the engine.

396746_16_full.jpg