Pretty nice

z34_nut

I can't seem to pry away from w-bodies, as much as I want to. My problem is this. My father and I went to Sierra College today and all weekend every-weekend they make the parking lot into a used car lot.

We were looking through when about 4 cars into it I see a pretty clean black GTP. Its a 98, and its done pretty clean. It has some pretty decent 18" wheels on it and a real nice tint job on it. Not sure if it was lowered, but it might have been. Under the hood was not specified.

My only down side is that its a L67 (ahh who am I kidding, simple assesable bolts ons are nice), accually its th 122,000 miles and the fact its a 4-door. How ever, the miliage/door issue is cleared with a $4,200 price tag.

I'm gauging interest. It seems like a pretty decent car.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal, especially in the area your at. Personally, I would inspect the shit out of it. Check for leaks, any electrical shit wrong, etc... I know 97's were off and on for electrical problems, and I hear 98's were the same.

I just want to save it from the teeny bober chick that was like "thats cute".

In no way did I find a jet black GTP with a seriously dark tint job cute. I was also woundering about the electrical issues with it. I know it might be a risk, but man is it sweet looking.

I'd go for it. Upon a good inspection that is.

And actually I think you may like the L67's powerband, at least after a aftermarket PCM.... I've always liked the L67's powerband just a little more the LQ1's powerband.

Yeah, I'm not in an immediate hurry to get a daily driver. It was just nice looking, and if its there next weekend I'll consider it seriously.

Now some of you may wounder really why I want a daily driver. Its not because of the miliage, trust me. I could drive the shit out of the car, and put a million miles on it. All I care about is how well it runs, and I'm enjoying it. I am worried about other drivers. Every day I travel to work I notice AT LEAST one accedent. I don't want my z34 to get banged up or even breathed on wrong. Its alot harder to find good parts for the z34 then a cookie cutter GTP.

Guest Anonymous

I'd check it out further. I have to say i miss having 4 doors. getting my friends and family out of the back of the petty sucks... and those gaint doors don't stay open by themselves anymore.

My friend has a 97 and hasn't had any electrical problems, although we knew about that before he got it.

Honestly those L67's are some of the most reliable cars out there. IF I where u get a na 3800 save on the gas.

I've only ownd 2 door vehicals my whole life, I've never had any problems. As for as a 3.8 n/a vs. s/c, no contest. I don't really care all to much about gas. I'm one of those assholes.