Option Codes Help Needed

Jeff M

Need some help, trying to finish the details on the RPO/Regular Production Options code list for our cars. The list is already full of great info I just have a few last bits of information I need to make it complete.

Those owners with a TGP that has the Gray interior color combination as well as the TSTE Garnet Red are needed to help complete the color code options, just read the info off your Service Parts Identification Label that is in your trunk under the carpet and on the cover over your spare tire. Look for the following codes and please confirm which ones you have for your car:

Gray Leather option choices for 2-door TGP:

15D

Garnet Red option choices for TSTE:

72U

78B

78C

And any option code number from 40x through 7xx that might indicated garnet red wheel/rim, or other options not found/listed here but only those options with the number range of 40x through 7xx are needed unless you have the time to list more but that would be to confirm what I have documented already.

Red Exterior Paint 2-door TGP Color Codes, just fill in the missing 4-digit number that is at the bottom of the trunk label:

WA-Lxxxx

WA-Uxxxx

Med Garnet Red TSTE, same info:

WA-Lxxxx

WA-Uxxxx

And for those like Shawn Linn that are really into this stuff, I have codes that I cannot find a matching description of, any help would be greatly appreciated:

AAA

BA0 (on the TSTE only, extra ornamentation, door nameplate?)

R6R (on the TSTE only)

VD6 (provision for aluminum bumper?)

VG8 (vehicle buyer notice?)

YF5 (on the TSTE only, leather?)

And any other codes you find that are not listed at this link below, or corrections are more than welcome.

Enjoy the reading, but it would be nice for it to be complete for those wanting to read it.

http://www.turbograndprix.com/option_detail.htm

Jeff M

And for those like Shawn Linn that are really into this stuff, I have codes that I cannot find a matching description of, any help would be greatly appreciated:

AAA

BA0

R6R

R9H

VD6

VG8

YF5

I found the following listed under a site with "modern GM rpo codes."

AAA : 4-WAY MANUAL SEAT ADJUSTER

BA0 : ORNAMENTATION, EXTR, DOOR, NAMEPLATE

VD6 : BUMPER PROVISIONS, FRT, ALUMINUM

VG8 : VEHICLE, BUYER NOTICE LABEL

YF5 : CERTIFICATION, EMISSION, CALIFORNIA

Here's the site I got them off of.

http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/MODERNGMRPO.html

AAA

BA0

R6R

R9H

VD6

VG8

YF5

I found the following listed under a site with "modern GM rpo codes."

AAA : 4-WAY MANUAL SEAT ADJUSTER

BA0 : ORNAMENTATION, EXTR, DOOR, NAMEPLATE

VD6 : BUMPER PROVISIONS, FRT, ALUMINUM

VG8 : VEHICLE, BUYER NOTICE LABEL

YF5 : CERTIFICATION, EMISSION, CALIFORNIA

Here's the site I got them off of.

http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/MODERNGMRPO.html

Thanks for helping out :D , its a challenge these last items. Thing I found is codes can be used on other cars for other years so they might be legit for those, but confusing for others/ours :? , so it throws things off, that since we got no 4-way seat or aluminum bumper, and NB2 for us gives Cali Emissions already :evil: . I love the VG8 one, that could be a golden find 8) and will for sure add that and compare once I run these by my GM parts guy next week, might find the buyers label is either EPA Gas Mileage or the one on the sunvisor about idling the hot turbo engine or the Invoice Sheet that is stuck to the window, if so then it should be commonly found on all cars, EDIT: just checked and it does not show as an option code for the 2-doors/TGP :cry: but will still follow it up as that idea for a lead 8) !

Thanks again for your help, its an obscure project so getting help is good to see :D

Jeff M

Did some more updating, found on my dealer sheet the R9H code was the Turbo only Option package, that included all those options as standard for the TGP only such as ABS, HUD, electric controls, etc.

Also added pricing for the TGP :twisted: good stuff there! NOW need someone who has the TSTE window sticker so I can add that too?!?!?! Or I can guess and if I get it wrong, know someone will then come to help me out :lol:

Added some notes to the options that were not that clear or had something interesting to them.

Jeff M

I havn't seen him posting lately, but I think "ChiefWiggum" got a window sticker with that CHERRY TSTE he bought off of Ebay?

Jeff, I emailed you my word document listing all of my RPO codes to jeffm@turbograndprix.com if it helps.

Subject line is: Jeff: My TSTE RPO codes

in case you don't recognize the email address.

You also might want to take a gander at this thread:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32797&highlight=rpo

I commented on some of my hard to find codes, and what I think they might mean.

I'm just too lazy to re-type it here! :D

I havn't seen him posting lately, but I think "ChiefWiggum" got a window sticker with that CHERRY TSTE he bought off of Ebay?

Jeff, I emailed you my word document listing all of my RPO codes to jeffm@turbograndprix.com if it helps.

Subject line is: Jeff: My TSTE RPO codes

in case you don't recognize the email address.

You also might want to take a gander at this thread:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32797&highlight=rpo

I commented on some of my hard to find codes, and what I think they might mean.

I'm just too lazy to re-type it here! :D

Thanks Bossman!!! :D Just did some looking at your sheet (THANKS!!! :D ) and after Shawn who is pretty avid on this stuff suggested (as well as mfewtrail) the YF5 as California Emissions but the thing is NB2 is also for Cali Emissions :? and my TSTE has both of these codes and was from Cali (and both codes are missing from your sheet), so not sure why the duplication, that since "parts" wise it was only a different chip, maybe the chip AND a label stating Cali Emissions, but that is another thing later today I will check with the dealer parts buddy I have :). I also have a list from a white leather TSTE that shows only one of these Cali Emissions (NB2) so that makes it even harder to figuer out right now :roll: :lol: Possibly a new chip was used and that is how they show it.

I really like the AAA you show as Tinted Windows. Up high in the codes (AAA, AAB, ABB etc) its shown as assigned for window options so that makes sense to me :thumbsup:.

I don't see on your sheet BW7 :shock: "Ornamentation Applique Exterior Pillar" we both got TSTE so that is odd.

Super SWEEET, UK3 from your sheet I was able to add that the "Controls" :lol: where in fact for the Steering Wheel Radio Controls 8) good catch dude 8)

You have a UQ3 ? for "Speaker system, performance enhanced sound", I missed it on my sheet :oops:. It does not show on a TGP. Even though we have another speaker option code, this one might be for an upgraded speakers verses the ones used in the base models.

You are missing VG8 and VH7 for "Vehicle Buyer Notice" and "Bumper, Custom" :? The Buyer Notice might again be for mine since its Cali and there might be a requirement for a sticker/label on the car showing this.

Your description for V73 shows Vehicle Statement-USA/Canada and mine is for Tow Hooks, might only be a statement/label for suggested safe towing practices :lol: Something I hope to not use often :wink:

I checked out your post for those odd codes, do have them found and listed at my web site :) at least the ones that apply to our cars.

That was a lot of help Bossman, Super Thanks :D , and I will see if I can get a hold of ChiefWiggum for confirmation on window sticker pricing 8)

Jeff M

No prob, Jeff!

I actually went to the local dealer and he referenced my VIN by the last 10 digits and gave me a list of all of my applicable codes. I have looked under the trunk carpet to see if any are different, and didn't notice any extras.

The local dealer looks up cars by the last 10 digits in the VIN, but on my car "LF290###" came up as a 97 Grand Am for some strange reason. Might be a glitch in their system perhaps?

If you can get a VIN from a red TSTE I can have my GM guy print out a list of codes for that car. I really only need the last 10 digits: L, F? and sequence number.

I'm going to have to look over your last post and compare some of those codes you mentioned, as I am short on time as of now.

Gotta go drive my new Lebaron GTS to work. :twisted:

Jeff, RPO statement page with my TGP has the R6R code so how can it be TSTE only?

And what is the "official" finding for the V73 option? That and the R6R are the only ones on my statement that I don't have full now.

Also, this statement for the model says Pontiac Incomplete?

Vehicle Information

Origin: U.S. Manufacturer: General Motors Year: 1990

Make: Pontiac Incomplete

Model:

Style: 2 Door coupe/Sedan Notchback 11, 27, 37, 47, 57, 97

Restraint: Passive (Automatic) Belts

Engine: 3.1L V6 MFI LG5 Brakes:

Plant: Fairfax II, KS Sequence: 276849 Check Digit: 0

And an empty model?

Guest TurboSedan

cool, you made it home with no problems. i had no doubt you would :)

someone pulled the SPID sticker off the spare tire cover in my TSTE :cry:

The local dealer looks up cars by the last 10 digits in the VIN, but on my car "LF290###" came up as a 97 Grand Am for some strange reason.

That's ok, Amica thought my TGP was a GMC pickup.

Go to the dealer with your VIN number. They'll give you a printout like this: http://cutlassinternational.com/cutlassrpo.gif

I dunno where the guy got mine, but mine was an entire nicely formated text document

Go to the dealer with your VIN number. They'll give you a printout like this: http://cutlassinternational.com/cutlassrpo.gif

So, I can go to the local Chevy dealer, give them my VIN, and they will give me a printout of the options my car came with?? How much did they charge?$$$

Ok back at it. Somewhere in my long posts I mentioned my "dealer buddy", who can do the VIN Search, and check on the rest of what I don't have, everything else is confirmed except.....well those with a "??" :lol: and a few of those I just need to see if he can confirm or correct. In the past he has helped on these codes but does not always have the info, some of it was quite unique back in its day (our car that is :) ) so he is only one source for getting all this figured out. But like I said, looking to have other owners confirm they have what is listed for their car :wink: and to list the color codes for their red TGP, no one has so that must be the rare color :roll: and the Garnet TSTE. Should have time today to swing by my GM parts guy to get his help with this too.

Jeff M

That's exactly how mine looks as well.

I copied all of my codes to a word document and decoded each one. Helped me discover that my car is *supposed* to have a CD player, damn previous owners! :evil:

That's exactly how mine looks as well.

I copied all of my codes to a word document and decoded each one. Helped me discover that my car is *supposed* to have a CD player, damn previous owners! :evil:

I got a few of those too, must be the same system all dealers use. As for the missing CD Player, dude you don't want that as a usable piece of electronics, Delco Electronics never last/don't work :evil: so you would be taking it out for an aftermarket anyways :lol: But it would be matching to what the car came with, but I don't think too many people keep these cars "Numbers Matching" :lol: too fun to make it better: "Friends don't let friends drive stock" 8)

Jeff M

Jeff,

If we look at it from my position/point of view, I'd rather have a non working CD player at this point. 8) Right now the previous owner stuffed a base model GP tape player in the car, the ol dual knob job tape player. The wheel controls don't work for this one, and all I really do is listen to the radio, so a non working CD player would be great for me.

I want this car to have a stock/factory performance look, as I try to do for all of my cars. I don't like going really flashy, I still refuse to buy aftermarket wheels for any of my cars, just don't like the way aftermarket stuff looks, and fits.

Case in point

Beretta -> 95-99 Calavier Z24 wheels

TSTE-----> 94-96 GTP wheels

Lebaron GTS -> something in the works, but won't disclose at this point. :twisted:

Therefore: I'll take my crappy CD player, thanks. :lol:

(If I could ever win/buy one :bawl: )

Guest TurboSedan

Lebaron GTS -> something in the works, but won't disclose at this point. :twisted:

oh oh 16" crosslace charcoal GTC wheels!!!! i brought the GTS down to the March PFI dyno meet wearing 16" GTC wheels and it looked KILLER! my brother has the 16" GTC wheels on his Shelby and damn they look good on there.

i agree though, i don't like aftermarket wheels. i'd rather go with nicer factory wheels. although, my TSTE is keeping the nucleoid wheels. what can i say i like them. i was showing my mom the TSTE the other day and she told me it looked like it was wearing brand new white tennis shoes. dammit :lol: :oops:

Jeff, If we look at it from my position/point of view, I'd rather have a non working CD player at this point. 8)

I can go with that, totally :wink: Having an old 2-knob radio would suck, and I am sure it sticks out far enough to almost hit your hand when you shift :evil:

Right now the previous owner stuffed a base model GP tape player in the car, the ol dual knob job tape player. The wheel controls don't work for this one, and all I really do is listen to the radio, so a non working CD player would be great for me.

I want this car to have a stock/factory performance look, as I try to do for all of my cars. I don't like going really flashy, I still refuse to buy aftermarket wheels for any of my cars, just don't like the way aftermarket stuff looks, and fits.

Case in point

Beretta -> 95-99 Calavier Z24 wheels

TSTE-----> 94-96 GTP wheels

Everyone has their preferences, easy for me to support that :) , the old player I think I have sitting downstairs is an OEM Cassette or I would offer it up. The other TGP with the OEM unit still in has the CD version, but keeps the CD, and won't play it and because its stuck in there and won't come out, the damn thing won't let me play the radio :roll: , now you see why I have my preferences :lol: or dislikes actually :wink: . But there is bound to be a usable CD player that has a working radio that will show up on ebay, and I hope you get one soon 8)!....ummm, or just stick on here a post asking someone for theirs :idea: , doing so is fine on this board, even the W-Body side which has a ton of young owners swapping out for an aftermarket!

Jeff M

i agree though, i don't like aftermarket wheels. i'd rather go with nicer factory wheels. although, my TSTE is keeping the nucleoid wheels. what can i say i like them. i was showing my mom the TSTE the other day and she told me it looked like it was wearing brand new white tennis shoes. dammit :lol: :oops:

If you still have some cash after we make you keep working on your car :wink: the white painted rims for the TSTE can be had new for around $150 for all 4 :shock: Here is the link to the person that listed these a while back, they should still have them and is worth contacting them, but like I said, if you still got some play money laying around, or someday if you feel you want brand new, just an idea for you 8)

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsascsZ1QQsassZsurplusautoparts

Jeff M

oh oh 16" crosslace charcoal GTC wheels!!!! i brought the GTS down to the March PFI dyno meet wearing 16" GTC wheels and it looked KILLER! my brother has the 16" GTC wheels on his Shelby and damn they look good on there.

I was leaning towards the 16 inch pumper wheels that came on the Shadows/Daytonas. I've always liked those wheels for some reason. :shrug:

There was a set on Ebay, but for local pickup only in WI. :evil:

They looked a little beat up though and had CS center caps, I don't want to hog anything unique from the people that really need that stuff.

And what can I say, I have a soft spot for 5 spokes. :D