Junkyard run

Burnout524

So being pretty pissed about having to replace my driver's side front turn signal for the 3rd time in 3 weeks, I finally decide to make a junkyard run to see what they got for light sockets/headlight assemblies. I mean, i really didn't have a choice, there I was in the Autozone parking lot trying to replace the burnt out bulb that wouldn't come out (which actually melted and fused to the socket).

I ended up getting a new light socket and a cargo net for $10. Sounded like a steal to me. Just wondering, was it (this was the first time I've been to that jy)?

I'm curious as to why the bulb melts into the socket. Almost every smaller bulb on my GP has melted itself into the socket, and deformed it and caused me to break, and replace, the housings they came out of. Same happened with my two other GP's, the GA was all melted up, and so is the Olds.

damn, i was hoping you were going to a junkyard and asking if people needed stuff

i need a dogbone / bushing for a 3.1 engine :(

and a wire that goes from ECT to wire-harness on a L67

dangit!! :bash:

damn, i was hoping you were going to a junkyard and asking if people needed stuff

i need a dogbone / bushing for a 3.1 engine :(

and a wire that goes from ECT to wire-harness on a L67

dangit!! :bash:

I have a dogbone from my old 3.1 if you're hardpressed for one.

I don't know why it get's like that. The only thing I can think of is that the contacts weren't lining up right (creating an arc or something), thus making it warm enough to melt the plastic. Alls I know is that I've gone though about 8-12 bulbs since I've owned the car (a year and a half)...so hopefully this'll fix it. I've wanted to get some Silverstars, but at $12 a pop, it's not worth it, if they're going to burnout. I checked both sockets of the car i took it out of and neither were burnt or melted...so hopefully this will fix my problem.

Yeah, sorry about that. I would've, but it was kind of impulsive. Besides, I don't recall seeing any 1st get W-bodies. I was going to take the Olds emblem off the hood, but I didn't have any tools with me and I wouldn't know how to take it off anyways. :roll:

EDIT: No, it wasn't a U-Pull yard...just a family owned type place. If anyone's in my area, the place I went was Bill's in Tolland, CT.