Cat. converter

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I think I need to replace my cat. And I know the pipe ahead of it is shot. If I were to replace the cat with a glasspack would it hurt performance, make it better or stay the same?

BTW, this is the '89 I'm talking about. Not the TGP, hell, it don't know what a cat is anymore! :lol:

From my experiences, puttin a straight pipe hurts performance. Putting the glasspack only will not hurt your performance, it will help your performance, and maybe your MPG. I had a straight pipe, and it felt sluggish, so I put a turbo tube, basically a glasspack, but a little different and got a lot of low end torque, which makes it more fun to drive. Yeah, me and my family dont know what a Cat. is either.! :lol:

Robby

EDIT: Does that '89 have duals?? If not, go for dual exhaust, that will look good and sound good, IMO

I say just add a carsound high flow cat and call it good.

RedZ

Yeah ok, for $80 I don't have right now. Unless your going to cut me a deal. :naughty: :read:

I can do $75 US shipped.

RedZ

Guest Anonymous

I'd like to Shane but they're killing me with the price on the pipes. The pipe coming off of the manifold is $36.00 and the pipe that goes from there to the cat is $26.00. Why the heck did they make it two different pieces? Gm's overpaid idiots. :roll:

I'd like to Shane but they're killing me with the price on the pipes. The pipe coming off of the manifold is $36.00 and the pipe that goes from there to the cat is $26.00. Why the heck did they make it two different pieces? Gm's overpaid idiots. :roll:

Yeah I know they should have made one pipe. It a pretty dumb design, but like you said, GM's overpaid idiots. In fact a lot of things like that on our cars dont make sense......oh well, you just gotta live with them

Robby