Magnaflows onsale at checker

IBuiltMine-o1oo

im not sure...they didnt have any center in center out, just a canter/ offset they were straight through with the steel wooll packing.

oh and what do you have an AutoZone...checker blows. Id take Auto Zone over anyof them.....been to pep boys once in Utah, that was nice, too!

man wtf damn it. I want a sale :(

Autozone is our shittiest store out east. I prefer Pep Boys and Napa to them anyday. Advance Auto Parts is okay...but not all that much better than Autozone.

I hate Pep Boys. NAPA is where I go for auto parts but I go to AutoZone for paint, cleaning stuff, oil, filters, etc. I have no problem with them. I think it depends on the location.

i think it depends on who works at the store, it seems to be that all of those "big name" auto parts stores are the same except for who works there. YOu can have a NAPPA where the people are dicks and no nothing of cars, and then you can have a Autozone where everybody is knowledgeable. Its a toss-up really.

I went to advanvce a couple weeks ago. I asked them for an inductive spark tester. You know, the little pen-like thing you hold against a plug wire that glows when the spark fires. They didn't know anything about it...but, they had a $15 job that was just a spark plug with an aligator clip that grounded the electrode. I'm like...hell...I can make one of them for nothing...just ground it to the block and viola. The guy said, "Why do you have to ground it to the block? You don't have to ground it...it'll arc no matter what." Cough, cough. Yea...not too knowledgeable.

I asked a NAPA guy once for a magnetic oil pan plug. You know, so if there are any metal shavings in your oil, they're attracted to the plug. He looked at me stupid and asked, "why the heck do you want that....pshaw...no, we don't have that here."

I don't go to NAPA or Advance anymore.

My favorite is CarQuest. They actually KNOW cars there...but, not a national chain, I don't think.

we gotta car quest! I went in there the other day trying to get the Cummins discount for my brakepads, and they guy just lauged and said cummins dont buy enough pads to get a discount, so he says.... Cordero buys a lot, so well give you THEIR discount! Cool as hell! 95 Bucks for front and rear lifetime pads for my Cutlass!

I don't have a problem with any parts stores here really, I get told "we don't have THAT" a lot, but then I show them how to find it or look it up. :lol: I usually frequent CarQuest or Advance Auto here lately, but I go to all the parts stores for certain items(we have a ton of no-name stores here that are pretty decent).