Yet another HUD question..

supreme_style21

Alright, I'm tired of looking for a HUD from the '94-'96 GP's. How much modification is there gonna be if I find one out of a newer GP? Bonneville? Anyone know if the older style HUD's will function? Same with the older DIC's... I think I pretty much know the answer, but just thought I'd make sure.

The DIC has different wiring compared to the 94-96 models I believe, and you'd have to have a place to mount it since ours is to the left of the steering wheel. I don't know about the HUD, I haven't seen one out of a newer style Grand Prix yet, if the connections are the same I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Anyone got any wire diagrams?

97+ Grand Prix HUD is physically the same, but the speed display is smaller and it has the additional radio station display. The connector pinouts are different, but the connector is the same. So you will have to move the pins around and run an additional wire if you want the radio station function to work. Other than that, it will fit and work just fine.

I saw a 2000 Buick LeSabre HUD on Ebay and it also appeared identical to the 97+ GP HUD, so I bet that would have worked as well. Here's a link to it if interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405424509&category=33695

This is at least the 3rd time it's been relisted, so wait till end of auction to bid and you should be able to get it for $40.

I don't think the older DIC from 88-93 will function if your car is OBD-II. I know someone who tried to get one to work in a Lumina, and it constantly says "Low Fuel" even when it's not low on fuel.