how many miles do you put on in a year?

frusciante fan

I average about 13k a year. Mom lives 70 miles away, dad lives 140 miles away, Rachel(gf) lives 30 miles away. I drive to work(10 miles) and classes(range from 2 miles - 5 miles).

As of late, I've been riding my bicycle though. I've noticed i've been filling up my car less.

Since I've owned my TSTE last November I've probably put 3000 miles on it. I always just change the oil every 3 months, and put about 500 miles on it every oil change. I really only cruise at night in the car, and occasionally drive it an hour out of town to family stuff, just to get the flat spots out of the tires. :oops:

The Beretta logs probably 7,000 miles in a year. I drive it when I have to drive to class and can't ride my bike due to snow or rain. It's my daily driver, but only when I can't ride my bike.

On a side note, I just rolled over 1000 miles on my bike a couple days ago. Bought it about 2 years ago. This is a Bicycle not a motorcycle, just so no one get's confused. :lol:

i haven't rode my bike in over 3 years since i got my license. you are seriously my hero :worship:

Well, I've had my license for about 7 years.....Riding the bike is my way of staying in shape, and not having to fill up those thirsty gas tanks all the time. :lol: I like to think I'm helping out the environment a little, and my car as well by not having to drive short distances all the time.

When I was in high school I bought a road bike (you know the ones with 27 inch skinny tires, and down turning handlebars) at a garage sale for $8 and rode it a total of 800 miles before donating it after I graduated.

After riding that bike for so long, I thought I deserved a nice bike. Used my grad money to buy a $600 2001 Specialized Hard Rock Comp. I loved that bike, and it felt like a Caddilac after riding so many cheap bikes!

I got hit by a truck on that bike after about 2 years. Had 998 miles on it when I got hit. I was sooooooo pissed, I was going to roll it over that day, instead, I got rolled over. :cry:

After that I thought about fixing the bike, the frame didn't bent in the impact, just EVERYTHING else, fork, wheels, seat post. :evil:

So I decided to spend the money I had on a 2003 Specialized Hard Rock Pro with disc brakes, as I was thinking about putting discs on the old one.

I was riding really slow, and looking around everywhere when I rolled this one over 1K!

Well, that's my story for the day, sorry to vere off topic. :)

As of recent, 35-40k a year. A few years ago, I racked up 78,000 in a year :?

Did you do a Ferris Bueller and just put the car on cinderblocks and set the cruise? :lol: :lol: That's insane!

hahah Thats crazy!!! :lol: :lol: He prolly did I duno how you can drive that much in one yr lol