trunk popper

rshissler

Ok i need to know the wiring diagram for the remote trunk popper in a 88 Buick Regal? I went to install it in my new car (it fits) and when i hit the button it popped twice and quit. So there for i think i fried either the button or the popper. I ran the wire from the popper to the button then to the battery. So how is it run in the regal?

I tested out the actual popper before by connecting it to 12v source (battery or whatever). It should click when power is applied to it. Do this first to see if the popper is bad or some other electrical issue.

Newer Sunfires have power trunk buttons, I think the 98 has a cable lever on the floor (like where we have our trunk popper) I think?? I always get it mixed up when checking under the hood on my sister's and fiances cars and pop the trunk :lol: but I think it's just a cable not power :think: but they are 95 and 97. I know the newer Sunfires have an actual (power) button on the left side of the dash. I have no idea if any Sunfire had button on the remote.

nope mine doesn't have anything for the trunk, just a key hole on the lid. Yea the one i pulled from my buick was a button in the glovebox that i took out that poppes the trunk. i tested the popper tonight took a wire from the battery to the popper and it didn't do anything so i guess it's fired. Dont understand why tho?

It just died... :shrug:

I'd check the junkyard for a Sunfire popper, one that mounts on the floor and uses a cable. That way it would be nice and stock looking. JMO.

Now if I can figure out WTF is wrong with the power popper on my car. I know the popper is good, cause I put power to it. When I press the button in the glovebox or button on the remote it just makes a "click" noise somewhere in the car. :x