Windows Stuck when its COLD (freezing)

Pabz

Durring our wonderfull winters it gets really cold, Sometimes my windows will freeze shut. They move a bit but get stuck. I think this has to do with the trim pieces that make contact with the power windows freeze to the window. Is there any lubricant i can use on the trim pieces to prevent this and also prevent the windows from getting dirty when they go down and up.

Last time this happened i used my ice scraper and pounded the lower trim piece loose and it worked. I am guessing there is moisture buildup on the "velvet" parts that make contact with the window and this is what is causing it.

Any ideas??

mine did that every once in a while last winter too. the windows wouldn't roll down if it was really cold. doesn't piss me off as bad as the door handles though...

I need to open my window when i pull up to the parkade to swipe my card, it would be a huge pain in the ass to open my door and have to get out everyday.

What about dielectric grease, or that silicon spray stuff? Isnt that good for cold weather? I know your suppose to lubricate the door trim seal. What kind of lubricant is suppose to be used for this?

My windows freeze shut in winter as well...however mine freeze at the top inside the seal. Whatever you do, don't hold the window down button for a long period of time. MY dumb ass thought I'd do that and damn near burnt out the right side window motor lol....

But yeah, it's not THAT bad to open the door and swipe or card your punch in your number!!! Better then drilling out rivets and replacing a window motor in minus 40 degrees with a good wind chill on top of that it is snowing and all the fucking door panel clips snapped off because of the cold lol

I have those installed. Vent Visors, they dont solve the problem, i know this does not happen on newer vehicles, maybe its just the age of the trim piece. Thats why i am gonna try spraying it with that silicon lubricant spray.

yeah its happened to me once or twice. for the most part in winter, when your driving snow and shit melts and some of it may get into where your window is, and it could just freeze it shut. But dielectric compound may work. For the most part its waterproof and it doesnt freeze.