My New Orleans Trip

BulletGTP

Well I had to go down to get my 94 GP from new orleans. I was told it was trashed and ruined. The N.O.P.D. told me I had to come and get it or be charged with abandonment of a motor vehicle in city limits. (up to a $10,000 fine) Fluking A$$Holes. I got my friend and from Boston and we went to N.O. It took almost 2 days to get there as some of the roads I know were closed and traffic jams getting back into the city were unreal. We finally got to the Port of New Orleans and into the parking Garage. Every car in there was smashed to nothing. I couldn't believe it. My car was on the 6th floor and we were only on the 2nd Car after car was just smashed so I could only assume what I was told and by the company that my car was gone. We got to the 6th floor and my car was still there in the corner by itself. From a distance I thought it took the same fate as almost all the other cars. It didn't. The only damage it took was a broken driver window and a failed hot wire. (THANK GOD FOR PASSKEY) I rewired the the passkey and on our way home we went. After sitting 6 hours in I-10 traffic we finally got out of New Orleans. On the way home my 97 GP GT ran into some problems of its own. Both front wheel barings failed on my trip home. My right front rotor and pads wore out. So I stopped and replaced both in an advanced auto parking lot. Thank god I brought my tools. After about 150 miles I started hearing a clacking and clicking from the front end. The new bearings I had put in failed. I couldn't believe it. Being after 10pm now we got a motel room in Mississippi and called it a night. The next day we went to a local AAP and raised hell. They gave us a new set and after only 5 feet. The were doing the same thing. I was so pissed.... I just went to napa and got two of their and the problems was gone. Now another half a day wasted. We get to around P.A. the next day and there is a major accident with a truck and the road is shut down. So another 5 hours of waiting. My friend who came down with me for some reason forgot to keep his eye on the gas gauge and we ran out of gas on 1-81 in the mountains. Another 2 hours of waiting for AAA to come bring us some gas. Now I was so pissed. I just wanted to get home and sleep. By now we were on our 5th day of non-stop round trip fun. :(

So I am now home and taking care of some business that went poorly. Sending out some refunds today and catching up on some emails that I couldn't because of no internet.

I am now forced to sell my 94 GP as I cannot keep it here.

1994 Grand Prix GT. Almost perfect.

Red 2 Door

3.4 D.O.H.C.

New Timing belt

New upper and lower intake gaskets and Oil ring plug.

Cold Air Intake

Otto racing Exhaust

GM Tuners Beta PCM (Don't remember what version) Can find out.

A/C

Power everything.

Just tuned up.

Fresh oil change.

New Tires.

$1500.00

remixcity@hotmail.com

William

Since the purpose of this thread is to sell his car, isn't this in the wrong section?

BTW, sorry to hear about your experience and good luck selling the car, its sounds nice. I didn't know they made GT coupes before '97!

Man, that sounds like a crazy ordeal! At least the car wasn't damaged too badly.

Nuts about the wheel bearings. And some people actually didn't believe me when I said the 1st gen wheel bearings are a better design!