Olds Emblem......Removable?

19Cutlass94

The Olds rocket emblem on the front bumper is really gettin in tough shape. About half the red in it is gone, I duno how. I looked on the back and it doesnt appear to be held in with anything from the back. Is this something that I can take out and put a new one in, or is it part of the bumper where Id have to by a new bumper?

I've taken off the two door emblems that say "cutlass Supreme" on my 88. It came right off and with a little bit of elbow grease the tape came off aswell. You might want to try some wd-40 to get the residue off and then wax it right after.

Glued on. It also has a little nipple that goes into a hole underneath, so if you go to pull off a good one, try not to break it off.

Just pry it off carfully...and if you are looking for one, the sedan badges from the front and rear will fit too. :wink:

yea you can remove them and then just use an adhesive to reapply them. I might have another one laying around I can give you. I'll take a look when I get home today. I got a few of them from John a while back when he sold his cutlass.

yeah, if someone has one let me know, I d hate to think what the dealer would want for such a small piece. Also, how much do you want for it if you have one your willing to part with.

yeah, if someone has one let me know, I d hate to think what the dealer would want for such a small piece. Also, how much do you want for it if you have one your willing to part with.

I dunno. I remember paying around $10 shipped for 3 of them. I found 2 of them, but one is going on the front of my cutlass (as one i gorilla glued on there somehow dissapeared a short time ago?!?)

One has a small crack on the inside on the very middle I think from how it was removed. I'm leaving to fly out of town this evening. I won't have a chance to take a picture of it before I go to the airport. Lemme try and find the one I can't find from my old trunk pannel, because I know that one looked perfect. As for price...hell I dunno maybe like a dollar or two besides the cost to ship it to you at the most? I'll get back to you about this on Sunday or Monday.

Thanks Mike, thats a big help.

I went to OTTO olds, the olds dealer around here, they wanted $22.00 for it and didnt have it in stock which means Id have to pay freight for them to order it in.so roughly about $26.00 for it. the guy told me that and I just said thanks for you time.