Hello Everyone, new member with a few questions! WITH PICS!

99vetteman

I have been a lurker for sometime now, but decided to come out of the closet... LOL Over the years I have owned many W-Bodies. 95 Cutlass Supreme Convertible Triple White, sold it, 1997 Monte Z34, Sold it, 2001 Monte Carlo SS, sold it. I currently own a 1999 Arctic White vette coupe and a 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged. Both awesome cars.

Anyways I am going to get a half decent winter beater and I want it to be a W-Body, I am going to look at a 1990 Cutlass coupe with UB3 and 3.1 on the weekend. It has 200,000 Kms on it. The guy is asking 1400 (Canadian) which im sure I can talk down quite a bit. Anything I should be looking for in this car? Problems etc?

Here are some pics of the cars I have previously owned.

100_0101.jpg

P8150030.jpg

P8150026.jpg

The vette and the cobalt together!

9343597b.jpg

One more for everyone else!

afb6eafd.jpg

Jason

Nice set of cars you got there! You must live on W body street too. Awful lot of them in the foreground of some of your pics. :shock:

The main thing I would look out for is rust. Seems to be the #1 W body killer. Make sure you look over the underbody real good, and make sure all the trailing arms and other suspension stuff seem solid and not bent or rusted badly.

You must live on W body street too. Awful lot of them in the foreground of some of your pics. :shock:

:lol: good eye...there are a bunch of w's in those pics...

BTW: that was a pretty nice cutlass...and that cobalt SS is freakin HOTT!! :wink:

You must live on W body street too. Awful lot of them in the foreground of some of your pics. :shock:

:lol: good eye...there are a bunch of w's in those pics...

BTW: that was a pretty nice cutlass...and that cobalt SS is freakin HOTT!! :wink:

I truly regret selling the cutlass, I can honestly say it was probably one of the best 95 verts in north america, the car was honestly PERFECT! Even the rear window weatherstripping was flawless.

Better pics of the Cobalt!

2236a674.jpg

ecae79da.jpg

cf949cfe.jpg

Hey I remember you! :lol:

You owned a Monte SS? Just the 3800 non SC right?

Hey BADASS how are ya man, long time no talk, well we talked on messenger there a few weeks ago... Yeah I have a 2001 Black SS back in the day, I dont have any pics of it unfortunately!

Damn you should have kept that car, would have been a great daily driver. Love the Montes! how much did you sell it for?

It was actually a lease, so I just gave it back. I can honestly tell you though I was not impressed with the top end of the 3800. Low end torque was good, but if you are on the highway doing 120 km/h and step on it, it seriously ran out of power where my 3.4 DOHC cutlass would scream!

LOL

Nice cars!

...I am going to look at a 1990 Cutlass coupe with UB3 and 3.1 on the weekend. It has 200,000 Kms on it. The guy is asking 1400 (Canadian) which im sure I can talk down quite a bit. Anything I should be looking for in this car? Problems etc?

Like said, look for rust. I've noticed that the rockers always seem to go. I've also heard of the rear trailing arms rusting enough to break. Check out the metal brake & fuel lines - they usually rust out too (at least around here in the rust belt). Another problem area will be the rear brakes, but you've probably already noticed lots of talk here about those. Also, from what I've seen, the transmissions don't hold up real well either.

Hey

I remember your cutty for sale. Those pics got sent out to so many people I knew who were lookin at cars at the time. Where in Ontario are you?

Too bad you had to sell her. Love the pics of the other cars.

Welcome to hell. but It sounds like you've already seen the place :twisted:

Hey

I remember your cutty for sale. Those pics got sent out to so many people I knew who were lookin at cars at the time. Where in Ontario are you?

Too bad you had to sell her. Love the pics of the other cars.

Welcome to hell. but It sounds like you've already seen the place :twisted:

I am located in the Brampton area. I might own another vert' one of these days, but parts a real problem for it if I ever needed them. I had 2 pieces of weatherstripping they are so hard to find, I ended up selling them (For the rear windows) By the way, my Cutlass sold for $14,900 at Humberview Motors in Toronto if anyone cares.....