Sub-frame alignment

Robby1870

Well, with my wreck last week, sliding on ice, its seems I have bent the fender well, which attaches to the subframe and the strut. So, I have to have the subframe re-aligned and the fender well bent back correct b/c they cant do a front end alignment b/c the strut is out of place. Im pissed. Anyway, how much is the subframe alignment going to cost? Has anyone had this done?? Im just curious as to a dollar figure. Thanks ahead of time.

Robby

Never had it done, but I've done it myself.

It involves loosening all 4 subframe bolts and using any kind of metal rod to get the subframe alignment holes to line up with the unibody alignment holes. With a lift, it should take all of 5-minutes.

I imagine they'd charge a full hour's labor which would be something like $40-60.

Oh yeah, also, I have bent the inner fender panel. This means I got to go to a body shop and have it put on one of thier machines and have it bent back straight. If I had full coverage, the car would more than likely be totalled. I hate winter and the uni-body design. Although the uni-body is much lighter, right now, I dont like it very much.

Robby

probably lookin to at least $500 just to put the car on the frame rack, then however long it takes them to do that, and re-align the cradle.

either way, frame/unibody damage = $$$$$