main harness connector (firewall) CRACKED

J

I noticed last time i was under the hood of my car that the bulkhead connector of the harness into the passanger side of the firewall is all fucking cracked and exposed. How in the hell can i fix this, without swapping a harness? I was thinking of disconnecting it from the firewall and then getting a piece of shrink wrap and shrink wrapping it, then some electrical tape then another layer of shrink wrap. WTF do i do? Thanks fellas Jay

Guest TurboSedan

i just went out to my garage so i could get a look at this plug (i have a junk 3.1/5-speed harness). the main firewall connector plug can easily be repinned. all you have to do is pull the blue plastic retainers out of the side of the plug, then gently pull the wires/connectors out of the plug. then find a good plug from a salvage yard and put the wires/connectors back into their respective slots and push the plastic retainers back into place. should be an easy fix.

yeah it's fucked. there are ton of things wrong with it.

You should see the harness on the 88 its terrible. It was orginally a 88 2.8 manual harness and it's on a 89 auto engine.

How should I fix this? I would like to just replace the junk harness would a 2.8 89 auto work and then solder the manual parts in? (vss, reverse lights etc.?)