Looking to buy 95 GTP what to look for????

Jay_Rich

Hey I am new to this forum..and muust say some of you have some nice rides :D

I am currently looking for a new car since my 95 LHS got stolen...I found a Nice 95 GTP 3.4l and I was wondering what kind of things I should take a look at.

It has the following.

Dark Green

3.4L 166 000KM

tinted windows

power sunroof

black leather

16 inch 5 star wheels

HUD

basically loaded i would believe

I havent got a great look at it cleaned up yet but there is only one little door ding and small ding in hood...and little paint chips on roof.

So far it looks pretty mint and i checked all around the wheel wells for rust and under and looks clean.

The dealer wants 3500 CDN saftied, etested also with a 1 year power train warrenty!

Good deal???? I was thinking of offering about 3000CDN or soo and see what they say since there add in the autotrader says 3.8L supercharger with pioneer CD player and it doesnt have either so it seams like they dont know much about the car lol.

find out how long ago since the last timing belt was replaced......if they don't know see if you can negotiate it's replacement into the sale.

I agree, but say it isn't good. He said he has a one year powertrain warrenty. So I think even if the timing belt goes, he's protected to the replacement, and other possible damages. Regardless I would still check on the condition of the Timing Belt.

Nope my last name is Richard.....I have been using that name for years now tho for forums lol.....

I will definitly ask about the timing belt tho.......I really want this car so I hope when I test drive it all goes well....I am gonna test it a few times to make sure and make sure I get the motor hot.

Also I hear there isnt much of an aftermarket for this motor.....damnit seems to be something I always run into like my v6 tbird and my LHS....no aftermarket lol.

Also I seen a really nice body kit on sounddomain not sure if it was custom or not???at bottem of page

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/397510/2

-vent visors for doors

-vent visors for headlights

-exhaust

-clear tails with smoked tint

-lower about 1.5 inch

-intake

-HIDs

and other little mods

Jay

Also I seen a really nice body kit on sounddomain not sure if it was custom or not???at bottem of page

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/397510/2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please, for the love of god and all that is holy... do NOT put a body kit on. :x

:werd:

GTPs are the hotness as they are!

Anyways 3500 sounds like a great deal! I spent $2000 on my pile of crap (as is) and dumped a pile more for it to be saftied. It had 215,000km on it too. As others have said check the t-belt, and maybe see if you can have someone check out the tranny to make sure it is in good condition. 4T60Es suck. :x

and maybe see if you can have someone check out the tranny to make sure it is in good condition. 4T60Es suck. :x

Just because your tranny didn't fare so well doesn't mean tha they all suck. I know I got a rare gem by getting over 230,xxx miles in my last z, but still, I had a 1990 cutty international for a little bit during the winter of 03' That car drove as well as my z34 did!

listen for knocking, oil leaks, timing belt replacement, ask how frequently the oil has been changed...3.4's are nice engines but only if they have been properly maintained