3.4 with the Y pipe vs. 3.4 single pipe exhaust.

Crimson Fury Z

what are the benefits and cons of the Y setup w/the 3.4, aside from high cost to have mandrel bent(in this area anyways)?

what are the pros and cons of just the single set up w/the 3.4?

both would be 2.5" btw.

going from single 2.5 to dual 2.5 via y-pipe prob wont be any better than 2.5 to dual 2.25, you may actually lose exhaust velocity. i would just do 2.5 mandrel single, but then it would look weird not filling the other exhaust tip cutout.

I think it would depend on what kinda muffler you would use if you had a single pipe setup. A high-flow performance muffler might be better than 2 regular mufflers. I think the whole fake "dual exhaust" is stupid anyways, except for looks and sound.

i got one 5x8 alumninized magnaflow 2.5"(#12246), the tuner shop fucked around and never ordered or followed up on the second one. so i said screw it. i'm also considering 2.5 press bent Y. i got a quote for like $400 for mandrel Y 2.5" and thats out of the question. then another shop wont use my parts(high flow cat, muffs) and had like $200 something.

it was $250 for my new exhaust. 2.5" stainless steel Y and two mufflers and an hour or two. i don't think the Y makes much more of a difference but it sounds better.

it was $250 for my new exhaust. 2.5" stainless steel Y and two mufflers and an hour or two. i don't think the Y makes much more of a difference but it sounds better.

It actually does. Why do you think the supra guy's with the high end mods just run one pipe back?

We had a discussion about this in the TGP section about 1 year ago. It's about gas velocity's, and has a lot to do with physics.