Turn signal switch AGAIN!?!

thasty

2 months ago i put in a turn signal switch, now my brake lights are out again! Is it common to have a turn signal switch go bad more than once??

I bought it from Autozone for 60 bucks so im assuming im not buying shit... either way, i can get another for free from there cuz i know someone that works there, is it worth it or should i buy a different brand?

Make sure the nut on your "bulkhead" connector is very tight before you rule out the switch again.

Will the brake lights return to normal once you jiggle the signal lever a bit?

If it were me, I'd get a "Genuine GM" signal switch. Those are shitty to begin with, so I can't imagine how shitty the cheap knockoff switches are...

Make sure the nut on your "bulkhead" connector is very tight before you rule out the switch again.

Will the brake lights return to normal once you jiggle the signal lever a bit?

If it were me, I'd get a "Genuine GM" signal switch. Those are shitty to begin with, so I can't imagine how shitty the cheap knockoff switches are...

Will do. The brake light does go to normal if i mess with it a bit. Still a turn signal switch?

Im at a loss because im getting it replaced for free but their is no other brand there... i REALLY dont want to spend money on a nother because im in college with no job.

Delco man

:werd:

That was one of the things I had to replace on my car when I bought it. I knew it was gonna be a PITA from doing it before on my old car (which was less involved).. didn't wanna go half-assed on that part.

Delco man

That was one of the things I had to replace on my car when I bought it. I knew it was gonna be a PITA from doing it before on my old car (which was less involved).. didn't wanna go half-assed on that part.

Where do you buy Delco? I cant find it anywhere.

Im about fed up with this car, anyone in the market for a 95 Z34 dark green with a 134k miles???

New tires.

New spark plugs and wires

Fresh oil change and K&N filter.

New front brake pads, new winshield wipers. Just replaced the power steering line.

Make me an offer. Im located in South Jersey.

Ill make a full ad with pictures when i have time and put it on ebay.

In my write-up (which can be found by clicking here) I mention where to get the "real deal" :

Before we begin, you need to purchase a new signal switch, right?

Here are the part numbers from GMPartsDirect.com

With RSWC 19005032 - $46.34

Without RSWC 19005031 - $34.20

FYI, "RSWC" means "Redundant Steering Wheel Controls" ...

Delco man

Where do you buy Delco? I cant find it anywhere.

Im about fed up with this car, anyone in the market for a 95 Z34 dark green with a 134k miles???

New tires.

New spark plugs and wires

Fresh oil change and K&N filter.

New front brake pads, new winshield wipers. Just replaced the power steering line.

Make me an offer. Im located in South Jersey.

Ill make a full ad with pictures when i have time and put it on ebay.

Yep. Let's sell a car because of minute problems like these. :roll:

Delco man

Yep. Let's sell a car because of minute problems like these. :roll:

Im dead serious, they arent minute problems when your at college all day and swampped with term papers, exams, and presentations... get my gist?

I guess im use to Jap cars, they rarely go down, atleast all the ones ive had, but unfortunately mine was stolen and i didnt have theft so i bought this off a friend.

If you feel that way, why not pick up a decent car off my hands. ill eventually do a nice write up and put it on ebay. Just lettin yall know first.

oh, and thx for the info disco.

oh, and thx for the info disco.
You bet! If there's anything about these cars I can say I'm a master of, it's 94-96 signal switch replacement :D .

I can get those switches from a dealership for dirt cheap. I think I paid just under 80 bucks for a Delco the last time I replaced one.
Dirt cheap? That's almost double what GMPartsDirect charges! :lol: :lol: :lol:

all hail the failing TSS. I had mine go nuts on me, still is actually. I figured out, pull towards me almost to the point where I would be putting my highs on and my brake lights work..

all hail the failing TSS. I had mine go nuts on me, still is actually. I figured out, pull towards me almost to the point where I would be putting my highs on and my brake lights work..

Mine only works when I do that too. Annoying.

And the blinker seems very slow.

Mine also blinked kinda slow with the bad TSS. Everyone who is complaining about them- just friggen change it! They are a common problem- because our cars are around 10+ years old with lots of mileage. Put a brand new Delco switch and you should be fine for another 100k before you need to change it. ;)

In my write-up (which can be found by clicking here) I mention where to get the "real deal" :

Before we begin, you need to purchase a new signal switch, right?

Here are the part numbers from GMPartsDirect.com

With RSWC 19005032 - $46.34

Without RSWC 19005031 - $34.20

FYI, "RSWC" means "Redundant Steering Wheel Controls" ...

RSWC, is that the same as radio controls? i dont have radio controls but i have cruise on the arm.. which one?

RSWC is for the radio controls (and heater controls on the Oldsmobiles.) The cruise switch actually has nothing to do with the signal switch (it's part of the wiper switch believe it or not.) The only reason there's a difference is the signal switch for the RSWC equipped cars has a pigtail on the end of it connecting the steering wheel controls (from the clockspring) to the bulkhead connector. All of the pics that explain this are included in my write-up...

Mine also blinked kinda slow with the bad TSS. Everyone who is complaining about them- just friggen change it! They are a common problem- because our cars are around 10+ years old with lots of mileage. Put a brand new Delco switch and you should be fine for another 100k before you need to change it. ;)

Not a bad Idea. But when you're in a 95 Lumina, with an Airbag, I Aint touching shit. Im not having an airbag go off on me. And Ill just stick with my standard old pull forward to engage brake lights.

But when you're in a 95 Lumina, with an Airbag, I Aint touching shit. Im not having an airbag go off on me.
I've removed the airbags from my cars dozens of times and never had them go off. As long as you follow the proper procedure, you'll be just fine. All you really need to do is remove the airbag fuse and you'll be fine, but just to be safe, my write-up shows you how to give yourself "triple protection" from having the 'bag blow up in your face :wink: . There's really nothing to be afraid of. The only way you could mistakenly cause the 'bag to discharge is if you cut one of the airbag's wires and applied 12 volts to it...

Yeah I followed Disco's writeup when I replaced the switch in my '95. 10/10 quality writeup :thumbsup:. There is like NO WAY the air bag is gonna go off with how many times it's disconnected! lol

The "reserve power" is contained in the airbag module that's mounted under the passenger seat. Essentially, once you disconnect the connector underneath the dash, you're cutting off all power to the airbag.

Thanks for the compliments on the write-up, guys! If you have any pointers you'd like to add, drop me a line (I seem to remember C-Bad bringing a few things to my attention, and I changed the document accordingly...)