Where can I find a chrome center caps for my steel wheels?

gm4life

Hello my name is Chris, I am proud owner of the 'Granny Express' the 2001 Impala 3.4L LA1 4T65E (my second W-body), 'White Gone Wild' 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE Sedan (got it Nov. 1990 when my son was 11 months old) 3.1L 4T60 and my latest edition my 'Radical Red' 2005 Pontiac Bonneville SLE with a 3.8L 4T65E (my second G-body). So can I find the police style chrome lug covers for my Impala? Or am I dreaming? Thanks guys, I am a member at the BonnevilleClub as well, here I am a newbie agian! :lol:

You might consult your local Amish. Anytime they come to town, it's always in something black with black steel wheels and those chrome police caps. I don't know where they get them, but apparently they can get them for any type of vehicle because it seems to be a prerequisite.

try ebay...IIRC ive seen some of those center caps for the impala police cars there....

if not just find out what size bolts they are and find a local impala police car :wink: j/k

So can I find the police style chrome lug covers for my Impala?

Do you mean center caps or lug nut caps? I believe the lugs on those are the style that have an integral stainless outer cover. There are chrome screw-on caps for the more common style lugs, but I'm not sure if they'd work with the police center caps.

You can get the center caps here. Sometimes the correct lug nuts will be included. Keep in mind that the caps attach with 3 screws. I'm not sure if the others do, but the police wheels have the holes for the screws.

You might consult your local Amish. Anytime they come to town, it's always in something black with black steel wheels and those chrome police caps. I don't know where they get them, but apparently they can get them for any type of vehicle because it seems to be a prerequisite.

those would be menonites, not amish. :wink:

those would be menonites, not amish. :wink:

Yep, I think you're right, I've heard local people call them mennonites, but I don't know the difference since they look and dress the same. I thought I read somewhere that Mennonites are a branch of Amish? Anyway, they do have those caps on EVERY vehicle they drive no matter what it is. I definitely have seen the mennonites in a late model black Impala with the caps, and also a previous gen Grand Prix with the caps. You can definitely get 'em for W's.

A better source might be a place that sells surplus police car equipment, I'll bet there's places like that on the web. Then again, those mennonites seem like friendly folks, I'm sure one of them would be happy tell you where those caps come from. :)

yeah, mennonites are allowed to have vehicles, but they must be black. whereas, amish are not. i know a little since i lived close to amish country, pa till i was 15. there are more branches. gotta love the amish cities of blue ball, intercourse, paradise and bird-in-hand all within a few miles.

to not hijack, found this, but is for older ones. http://stores.implex.net/hubcapsUSA/browseCatalog.cfm?browse=002&catagory=514&dir=Police%20Hubcaps%20%26%20Wheels%2FChevrolet%20Caprice%20and%20Impala%20Patrol%20Cars&CFID=2285939&CFTOKEN=64770940

ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/POLICE-IMPALA-9C1-CENTER-CAPS_W0QQitemZ8005921800QQcategoryZ33744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i made my blazer wheels look like police wheels. they are black rally wheels with just the center caps not th chrome rings. 8)

It was a 1987 Olds Delta 88 Sedan with Wine exterior and velvet interior! Blew two trannys! I will miss her :bawl: ! I got the Impala when I sold her after she burned out a thrid!