VIN numbers

3.4dohc

Hey all! I'm just getting into this so bear with me. I have a 92 Grand Prix STE, 4-door, 3.4 dohc, and a Getrag HM284, 5 speed, all stock. I was told there may have been 57 of these made. How or where can I find out how many were made through my VIN numbers or anywhere else for that matter? Please, any info would be helpful.THANKS!

1992 Grand Prix STE, 3.4 dohc,5speed

1995 Grand Prix SE,3.1, auto

1995 Grand Am SE, 2.4 dohc, H.O. auto

fyi, the g/a would have a 2.3.

someone will have some better info. this has been discussed before, so do some post searching and you'll find some, but i dont know about the 92. dont think that's been discussed here before.

Holy shit. 5-speed STE! You've got a rare one on your hands! You can e-mail Pontiac at the address on their website. They usually respond.

And IIRC, they moved to the 2.4 "Quad OHC" 4-cylenders in 1995.

I just got confirmation back from Pontiac and what I was told is correct. There were 1,127 Grand Prix STE sedans produced in 1992. Of those, 57 had the3.4L engine with the five speed manual transmission. Frikkin' A!!! Guess I will have to go into restore mode and forget about ever getting rid of it. I just wonder if my ol' lady will give up her side of the bed......

Guest Anonymous
Woo! We should start the rare w-bodies club :lol:

We really should, are at least a section.

You can try pontiac historic services, i know they had an ton on my car which is a limited edition... they should know something on yours.

IIRC its phsonline.com

I think that's a great idea,having a rarities section!! I am just slightly embaressed about posting pictures because mine is a daily driver and live in Pa. where they love to throw salt around in the winter.. she has a little rust and is not pristine like most or all of the rides I see on this site! I just moved and am planning a garage out back and am trying to find another beater to take over her duties so I can restore her.But I will get some photos as she sits after I can get some buffing compound on her. :oops:

I was really sort of being sarcastic. Rare or not, our cars are all the same as everyone else's. Making a nice FAQ about what rare w-bodies to look out for wouldn't be that bad of an idea, though.