fuel gauge

birdman

it seems like my fuel gauge only reads the top half of the tank because one day i was almost on empty and went to go fill up and it only took 7 somthing gallons. after that i started to pay attention and it goes down quite quick and when you put gas in it goes up very quick, ( usually 10 dollars for a half tank). what do you think could cause this?? Thanks.

My gauge is messed up too...and I think my car guzzles gas like it thinks I'm rich...so yea. I put in $10 worth every week or so...and it seems to go down in 2 days..sigh...cars...

i was hoping it wasnt the sending unit. how do you tell when your actually close to empty???

Use the trip meter. On my car I know I can get 450-500KM on a tank of fuel. So don't go over X amount of miles or kilometers on the trip meter in between fills.

i went on a 100 mile trip and to get there it took 3.5 gallons and the same to get back, but on the gauge it showed just under a half tank before i i filled up when i left and before i filled up when i came back. came out to be about 28mpg.