AfterMarket Temp Gauge

89Cutlass

Hey i have an 89cutlass 2.8l 2door I am wondering were to hook up this aftermarket water temp gauge. I no you cant remove the temp sensor under the thermostat because it sends vitale information about the car to the computer. Is there another way to hook it up ???

You can basically tap into any coolant line. You could go to the hardware store and get some brass fittings and barbs to tap into any of the flexable rubber lines.

Of course, if you are feeling ambitious, you could drill and tap a hole in the thermostat housing near the ECM temp sesnsor. That would be most accurate, and the cleanest install. Thats what I would do...but it's not an easy install.

Jason

If your 2.8 is like my 3.1. There is a coolant temp sensor on the back of the engine block. Mine was next to my EGR pipe so it was easy to find. All that sensor did was send a signal to the dash. You might want to see if your engine has one, mine had a single green lead coming from it.

i was wondering if there was a Transmission Temp Gauge i could hook up to my 93 Grand Prix SE wit the 3.4L Twin Dual Cam

I'm using the AutoMeter gauge. It works very well. You can tap into your trans cooler lines for a temp source.

jason