willsv8

did the high beam upgrade low beams remain on while operating high beams the kit is from painless part #30802 it's for 1988-1998 gm pick ups but it works on all gm of 1988-1998 the kit was easy too install the out come of this is it improves night time visibilty i put 100 watt low beam lights and 100 watt high beam lights as my headlight are glass it will not melt the headlights from the heat

p.s if you do a lot of night driving like me you need to do this upgrade :thumbsup:

did the high beam upgrade low beams remain on while operating high beams the kit is from painless part #30802 it's for 1988-1998 gm pick ups but it works on all gm of 1988-1998 the kit was easy too install the out come of this is it improves night time visibilty i put 100 watt low beam lights and 100 watt high beam lights as my headlight are glass it will not melt the headlights from the heat

p.s if you do a lot of night driving like me you need to do this upgrade :thumbsup:

Interpretation:

I upgraded my high beams. I installed kit #30802 from Painless. The kit is designed for 88-98 pickups, but works on any GM car 88-98. The kit allows the low beams to remain on when the high beams are active. I also upgraded to 100w low and high beams; as my headlights are glass they will not melt. If you do a lot of night driving I reccomend this kit.

Proper punctuation is a godsend.

umm no need to buy a kit just buy a relay, some inline taps, and a ground wire and a + source it is like hooking up a fog light set. but i have a writeup for it on my www. pg 6

what can't read ? some headlights are plastic some are glass ! and sorry about no ---> . . . . still learning to type ? OK why are we all to easy to judge on someone's PUNCTUATION or what thay have to offer .

just came here to learn more about my car. i do more reading then posting ! love the site.

I'll bet there will be plenty of people pissed off at you with those headlights....yay for glare!!!!! :roll:

True HIDs "http://home.earthlink.net/~transampictures/tsx/tsx%20010_small.jpg" > *.headlights :P

those things should be illeagle, they hurt my eyes like a mofo

illeagle? :P

If you have ever driven a car with HIDs you would know why all the top-end luxury cars have them. A properly setup *OEM, Factory, whatever youc all it* HID system will not hurt your eyes, your probably used to aftermarket swaps with ideas that use non-projector headlamps with HID lights, GLARE = BAD which is why they hurt....they look like hella brights

A properly setup *OEM, Factory, whatever youc all it* HID system will not hurt your eyes

That's what people LIKE to think, but just about every OEM, factory, HID headlight setup does hurt my eyes, especially factory projectors. They don't look very bright at first from some angles, but they've got a sweet spot that BURNS. Not that I'm complaining, I like 'em, but the factory setups definitely can hurt.

i have my headlights relayed out with a truck setup like the post starter did, but another cool trick on mine, is to get the partnumber of headlights for the brights on your car, you know the onces that DONT have the black shit on the tip, take a medium sized flathead screwdriver shove it down in the plug of the lightbulb, inbetween the two slots, and carfully pry out the two tabs. The kind of high heat plastic allows them to prettymuch just break clean off. this allows you to plug the brights bulbs into your dimms socket. bielieve it or not it males a HUGE difference!