Interesting Junkyard Finds

Grand Moff Joseph

I went combing through the junkyards yesterday, and came across a few interesting items. If anyone is in need of any of these, let me know and I'll go back for them:

1. Gray steering wheel w/audio controls from Gen I GP

2. Electronic climate control panel from Bonneville SSE

3. "Twilight Master" (I think) dimmer knob from Bonneville SSE

4. Stereo w/equalizer from a early GP

Not sure if these are in demand, but just thought I'd share...see if I can help one of you good people out. :)

3. "Twilight Master" (I think) dimmer knob from Bonneville SSE

fwiw it's "Twilight Sentinel"

Yes! That's it! (couldn't remember the name for the life of me...lol)

I have to say, that is the oddest name for any feature I have ever seen in a vehicle...:)

Guest Anonymous
Amen to that...

What, does turning that knob activate a sentinel guard with night vision to guard your car? :) :mrgreen:

Bonnies have automatic headlights, and it determines with what darkness intensity to turn them on.

Guest TurboSedan

yeah, it's basically automatic headlights but you can turn it on/off yourself. you can also control how long your headlights stay on after you turn the ignition off. it doesn't really have anything to do with "intensity", be it the intensity of the headlights or how light/dark it is outside.

i really liked this feature on my Bonneville. i wish my Cutlass had it.

how much for that GP tape deck, a 90+ one peice one? torn up? Tape deck inside all ripped up or jammed from anything like a tape, id like to hook my iPod up to my car, just curious on price for that, if its alot, id prolly pass on it

i really liked this feature on my Bonneville. i wish my Cutlass had it.

With some work you could probably add it to your Cutlass. 1st gen w's in Canada starting in 1990 came with a variation of that twilight sentinel thing. However it isn't adjustable.

My Lumina will turn all the lights on when it gets to a certain point of light outside. The sensor is in the speaker grille on my car...

I'm guessing with some fabrication and locating the correct parts you could add it. Probably not worth the hassle though. Hell I don't even know anything about how the system works. My Haynes manual makes no mention of it, nor does my Owner's manual lol...

FYI: whats the price on the bonnie digital climate control? I'm interested.

I'm not sure, as I just took note of it and kept going. I'll go back to the yard today and get some pics/prices for this stuff.